Not much
going abroad in July,

what foods to eat wen i go out and what to look for,
i am going to Paris if that helps

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
That all depends on how you are controlling your bs. Just avoid the bread, you should be fine in Paris. Good luck avoiding the pastries though.

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Yes thank you, i not intend to be eating breads , just salads and veg

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
You should be ok if you cut out the cakes bread and pastries if you test make sure you take your kit with you
Enjoy the red wines and have a bottle or two for me ;) two or three glasses a day should be OK :D

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
You should be ok if you cut out the cakes bread and pastries if you test make sure you take your kit with you
Enjoy the red wines and have a bottle or two for me ;) two or three glasses a day should be OK :D

Thank you Jay1

Jo123

Well I low carb, and when I travel I tend to have eggs of some form for breakfast, salad or grilled veg or similar for lunch, then meat/fish and veg/salad for dinner. I take some 90% dark chocolate and nuts to fill any gaps. I drink alcohol and diet coke, plus teas and coffees with a dash of milk.

Have a great time!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry, it's so expensive you won't be able to eat anything at all :rolleyes:
Just joking (sort of) and hope you have a great time.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't worry, it's so expensive you won't be able to eat anything at all :rolleyes:
Just joking (sort of) and hope you have a great time.

That's where I need to go then and I won't be depressed about all the things I can't eat and I won't be worrying about how expensive it is to eat. I can watch my husband guzzle all the things he will eat and be glad that it is only costing half of what it would have done!!!!!

KittyKatty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on a day trip to France in a couple of weeks and as usual on the cross channel ferry I'll avoid the bread/pain on offer and go for their more expensive cooked beef etc. So much more palatable and safer!

If I'm out and about in this country and suddenly caught hunger-wise, I naturally ignore bakeries that "normal people" frequent and go for a cheeseburger and just don't eat the bun. France has also succumbed to the fast good experience so a burger is a good contingency plan. However, when in Paris...

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Yes will avoid the bread and pastries, and will go for the sea food, and soups