Strawberry?

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
2 hours after my evening meal which was exactly the same as the day before, my reading was 10.7 which puzzled me a little! Then I remembered having a big juicy strawberry about 30 minutes before the test. The day before it was 8.7 is the strawberry the villain? Thanks

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't expect 1 strawberry to give a rise of 2 unless you're especially sensitive to them. Berries are a lower carb fruit considered fairly safe for diabetics.

But if it was juicy, did you have some of that juice on your fingers when you tested perhaps?

Reactions: 2 people

chrissiemids

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have struggled to understand all these numbers, as mine go up at the drop of a hat. I have purchased the book diabetics 101, which when you get thru all of the stats, states that readings can also depend on whether you have emptied your tummy recently, as well as your diet. So that's why I couldn't understand why even if I ate the same food etc, the readings would be higher or lower. Also if I have a really upset tummy, readings go right down, obvious really. I went shopping the other day for 4 hour's without food or drink, started feeling a bit rough, so when I got home tested the lowest for years- 7.0. To sum up I've found as well as low carb's etc, fasting a few hours and going to loo work's wonder's, for me anyway.

Reactions: 2 people