Which Meter do you use?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I hav ebeen using the One Touch Verio.... however I noticed in boots they had some BG testing strips for sale at £10 and I thought I will buy them and use them as spares as I also have a BG meter which I used before getting this One Touch...I noticed straight away my levels appear lower and wondered if the levels vary when using different meters????

Reactions: 2 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I hav ebeen using the One Touch Verio.... however I noticed in boots they had some BG testing strips for sale at £10 and I thought I will buy them and use them as spares as I also have a BG meter which I used before getting this One Touch...I noticed straight away my levels appear lower and wondered if the levels vary when using different meters????
Probably a lot to do with the +/_15% accuracy of meters. Also bg is dynamic so it's constantly changing. Stick to one meter at a time so you don't compare the results or it can drive you crazy.:wacky:. Saying that, I am currently using two different types of meter to use up strips before the use by date. BUT only one at a time.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well I used to be on BG which I used for four years.......but was then given a One touch verio which i have used for almost a year now but having seen the strips going cheap I decided to use as back up so am using that untill the strips have run out for the BG...:)

Reactions: 4 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a Freestyle Lite at the moment, but will probably get a different one as I seem to have ruined it with a wrong battery, and now even correct batteries don't last. :( I'll be looking at recommendations!

maria111979

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Accucheck Active but want to upgrade to the one which can be synced with my iphone. Any suggestions?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I actually like the One Touch Verio and they have brought a new one out Called One touch Verio IQ...but can not get that as mine is not a year old yet... ;)

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I actually like the One Touch Verio and they have brought a new one out Called One touch Verio IQ...but can not get that as mine is not a year old yet... ;)
I was sent s free iq. I must say it's a superb peace of kit. In my opinion it's the Best built quality and Lancet system available. I normally use the accu chek mobile and love it :)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SD Codefree....thought it was the most popular with everyone here but seems not lol ;)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have /had a SD Codefree and filled in an online thing and Bayer Next appeared in the post. The strips for the latter are way more.... no wonder they give the reader away free... my SD Codefree started to act all strange on me.... cutting out... forgetting the date and time.... so gone over the Bayer and don't test quite so much in a day... first thing, before and after dinner.... breakfast and lunch are nearly always the same.... and I love 'em.

Bayer slightly lower than the SD, but not by much.... most of the time.

Deskdoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Accu-Chek Active (provided, unasked for by GP together with repeat prescription lancets and strips) God love 'em.

DD

Reactions: 5 people

xxmaria79xx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought this myself, then my dn gave me 2 true you meters, 1 I use all the time, size of a mp3 player

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use an accu-chek Aviva Nano but have a Bayer Next which I got free on-line for backup. The strips for the Aviva can be pricey but I buy mine on e-bay and got them quite cheap last time.

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting find, have been sent a contour next usb glucometer, I currently use a codefree so have been doing a bit of a comparison. Last night bs with contour were 5.9, codefree 6.7. Now I know that my codefree could be up to a mmol higher than my acutally blood count as that was the case recently when I had a fasting glucose done. This morning however the contour gave a reading of 6.9 & as I didn't have suffcient blood left ( wasted stick grrr) for the codefree I squeezed my finger again, result was 6.3!!! So tonight used both again but this time wiped first drop of blood away and squeezed finger again using same sample for both results 6.1!!!!!!!

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting find, have been sent a contour next usb glucometer, I currently use a codefree so have been doing a bit of a comparison. Last night bs with contour were 5.9, codefree 6.7. Now I know that my codefree could be up to a mmol higher than my acutally blood count as that was the case recently when I had a fasting glucose done. This morning however the contour gave a reading of 6.9 & as I didn't have suffcient blood left ( wasted stick grrr) for the codefree I squeezed my finger again, result was 6.3!!! So tonight used both again but this time wiped first drop of blood away and squeezed finger again using same sample for both results 6.1!!!!!!!
Don't forget the meter tolerance

Reactions: 2 people

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used the Accu-Chek Aviva Plus but the cheapest test strips I could find online were 68 cents each for 100. I then switched to the ReliOn Prime. Test strips are about 20 cents each for 100, which really brought my testing costs down. And the latter is available at Walmart.

The first morning, I took 5 (for a total of 10) blood glucose readings with the two monitors. Each varied by 15 or 16 mg/dL; the average reading for the ReliOn was 10 mg/dL less than the Accu-Chek. Not happy about that but decided to stick with the cheaper strips. I only test 4 times a day now at a cost of $24.40 a month. The other strips were costing me $82.96 a month.

The difference goes a long way toward paying for my nutritional supplements. :)

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Hi i use a bayer contour , its my mates spare machine because my gp said i dont need to self test ,saw a nother gp yesterday he going to sort out a machine for me and gave me a script for test strips for the one im useing.