New Member here

billyhill2

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must make a move and get some shopping done otherwise I won't have anything in over the weekend. I can see this taking longer than usual as I now have a lot of new things to look for.thanks for the chat Gezzabelle.

Take care

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must make a move and get some shopping done otherwise I won't have anything in over the weekend. I can see this taking longer than usual as I now have a lot of new things to look for.thanks for the chat Gezzabelle.

Take care
Don't forget to read the food labels and look for carb quantities :D

billyhill2

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Gezzabelle yes I remembered from reading somewhere on here to read labels on the back s of things. Pretty time consuming but what an eye opener. I didn't realise that most of what I usually eat is now sort of out of bounds now. I did however find some burgers that I had also read about on here that are very low carbs so going to give them a try tonight with lettuce and yoghurt. I have just tested my bg and it was 5.4 so 2 hours after i've eaten this meal I'll test again.
I notice that you have info about yourself under each post. do you have to type that out each time you post? sorry being thick again. Oh and can I ask what does like reply and report do. i don't want to click on them incase I ruin something.
Right must go my tea's calling me.

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gezzabelle yes I remembered from reading somewhere on here to read labels on the back s of things. Pretty time consuming but what an eye opener. I didn't realise that most of what I usually eat is now sort of out of bounds now. I did however find some burgers that I had also read about on here that are very low carbs so going to give them a try tonight with lettuce and yoghurt. I have just tested my bg and it was 5.4 so 2 hours after i've eaten this meal I'll test again.
I notice that you have info about yourself under each post. do you have to type that out each time you post? sorry being thick again. Oh and can I ask what does like reply and report do. i don't want to click on them incase I ruin something.
Right must go my tea's calling me.
Good man :) ...you probably had the same shock as I did when I read the labels...so much junk in our food!! Come on now...don't tease...I must have missed the burger thing..which ones are they please ? The info under your post stays the same without retyping it...once you have put it there of course...by clicking on your name and adding it to your signature. The like button is too like the post you have read...like on facebook....the reply one is to answer a comment......so if you want to answer this message (or any other) you click on reply rather than type a new entry.....and the report one is to make a complaint about the post if you have an issue with it ...so is doubtful you would use that one. Feel free to ''like'' any post you read though :) Your BG sounds really good....pretty much similar numbers to me.....keep up the good work :).......and enjoy those burgers you're gonna tell me about lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good man :) ...you probably had the same shock as I did when I read the labels...so much junk in our food!! Come on now...don't tease...I must have missed the burger thing..which ones are they please ? The info under your post stays the same without retyping it...once you have put it there of course...by clicking on your name and adding it to your signature. The like button is too like the post you have read...like on facebook....the reply one is to answer a comment......so if you want to answer this message (or any other) you click on reply rather than type a new entry.....and the report one is to make a complaint about the post if you have an issue with it ...so is doubtful you would use that one. Feel free to ''like'' any post you read though :) Your BG sounds really good....pretty much similar numbers to me.....keep up the good work :).......and enjoy those burgers you're gonna tell me about lol:)
Hi Gezzabelle any burgers and sausages that have 95% meat content are generally low carb - it's what you put them in that may boost your carbs! By reading the labels I've also found some foods that I thought I couldn't have any longer, like peanut butter, i can continue to eat provided I get the right one.

billyhill2

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Gezzabelle and thanks for the above info. I tease you not with the burger thing as I have just read the box and they are 2.7g per 1/4 pounder burger and they are called Butchers Selection, 4 quarter pounder, beef burgers in a box that starts off black at the top going to red on the bottom half with a big burger in the middle that has lettuce cheese and tomato sauce all in a bun which you won't be having of course.:D
Think I'll click on the report button now and report my last post for mentioning bun:)
I don't have a facebook account so that's why I didn't know about the like button but thanks to you I do now.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gezzabelle and thanks for the above info. I tease you not with the burger thing as I have just read the box and they are 2.7g per 1/4 pounder burger and they are called Butchers Selection, 4 quarter pounder, beef burgers in a box that starts off black at the top going to red on the bottom half with a big burger in the middle that has lettuce cheese and tomato sauce all in a bun which you won't be having of course.:D
Think I'll click on the report button now and report my last post for mentioning bun:)
I don't have a facebook account so that's why I didn't know about the like button but thanks to you I do now.
Good morning Billy...hope you're bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning and with good BG levels? I was 4.9 so I am happy with that :) The burgers sound perfect and way lower than the Quorn ones I have been having. Now if you give me a clue which store you bought them from I won't report you for mentioning buns :D You gave me back a little faith in humanity saying you don't have Facebook....it seems that is all people do these days ...that and Twitter and all the other apps.....( please don't destroy my new found faith by telling me you tweet etc ) ...joking of course. What was your BG this morning?...you should get into the habit of posting it on the thread on here

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gezzabelle any burgers and sausages that have 95% meat content are generally low carb - it's what you put them in that may boost your carbs! By reading the labels I've also found some foods that I thought I couldn't have any longer, like peanut butter, i can continue to eat provided I get the right one.
What do you cook yours in Daphne?....I use Olive oil or rapeseed spray...is that ok? I am never sure if I am getting it right or not and it's easy to miss hidden carbs by making mistakes

billyhill2

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning Billy...hope you're bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning and with good BG levels? I was 4.9 so I am happy with that :) The burgers sound perfect and way lower than the Quorn ones I have been having. Now if you give me a clue which store you bought them from I won't report you for mentioning buns :D You gave me back a little faith in humanity saying you don't have Facebook....it seems that is all people do these days ...that and Twitter and all the other apps.....( please don't destroy my new found faith by telling me you tweet etc ) ...joking of course. What was your BG this morning?...you should get into the habit of posting it on the thread on here
Using my newly found like and reply button:) oh and smilies. Morning Gezzabelle. The store in question ..Asda but I still can't remember the name of the person who submitted it on here but I seem to remember there was a picture of a meal with the burgers lettuce and some kind of spiced yoghurt.

My bg this morning was 5.2 and 2 hrs after breakfast of cornflakes it was 6.1. I have just checked again before dinner and it is 5.4.

No I'm neither on facebook or twitter and it does make me mad that some things that companies offer you can only get by clicking on their facebook account and filling in a form on there. To be able to do this you need a facebook account of your own but I'm never that tempted in what it is they are offering to make me want to open one. I'll leave tweeting to the birds.:D
Are you doing anything nice over the weekend?

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Using my newly found like and reply button:) oh and smilies. Morning Gezzabelle. The store in question ..Asda but I still can't remember the name of the person who submitted it on here but I seem to remember there was a picture of a meal with the burgers lettuce and some kind of spiced yoghurt.

My bg this morning was 5.2 and 2 hrs after breakfast of cornflakes it was 6.1. I have just checked again before dinner and it is 5.4.

No I'm neither on facebook or twitter and it does make me mad that some things that companies offer you can only get by clicking on their facebook account and filling in a form on there. To be able to do this you need a facebook account of your own but I'm never that tempted in what it is they are offering to make me want to open one. I'll leave tweeting to the birds.:D
Are you doing anything nice over the weekend?
Lol...you're really finding your way round this forum now aren't you :) It takes a while to get used to it all...I still get lost and confused and post things in the wrong places . Thank you so much for the burger info....I have never eaten much in the way of meat prior to becoming diabetic....I always used Quorn burgers , mince, chicken pieces etc....not that they really resemble meat in any way but they were close enough. Unfortunately I hadn't realised they have a fair few carbs in them so finding a proper meat burger is a start for me to replace fake meat with the real thing. I might even make my own at some point and freeze them but in the meantime I will head over to Asda later and get some of those ones. Your BG results are brilliant...you must be doing something right. Your body seems to deal with your food very well. I have forgotten if you are any tablets for it? Facebook and Twitter are both annoying...I do admit to having a FB account but it is only for playing games on....and no it isn't Candy Crush Saga lol. Not sure what the weekend has in store yet....apart from a huge cheat on my food today. I am so good all week and eat nothing bad at all to spike my BG but Saturday I have a ham salad baguette from Greggs....and it sends my BG up a lot...but within hours it's back down again so I don't worry too much. I have to have something to focus on ...a treat to look forward to ...or I would go mad eating the food I have to have now. The ham and salad bit is okay...it's the bread that spikes my BG ...hopefully today it won't go as high as last weekend:eek:
Great news..the baguette didn't spike half as bad as last time cos I didn't have the Cheddars with it...only went up to 9.6 instead of the 14.9 it did the previous week when I tried it out to see how it would affect my BG....best bit is it was back down to 5.4 by tea time so all good :D I did 6 kilometers on my exercise bike after I ate it so maybe that helped a bit too in bringing my BG down...happy with that result :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oi Oi Oi.,....where you gone Billyhill2?....I hope you're not in the kebab shop????:watching::p

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you cook yours in Daphne?....I use Olive oil or rapeseed spray...is that ok? I am never sure if I am getting it right or not and it's easy to miss hidden carbs by making mistakes
I tend to dry fry mine as there is quite a lot of fat in them anyway however if I do shallow fry I always use olive oil or olive oil and butter. I use rapeseed oil for deep fat frying which I don't do very often.