Recurring Infections (boilers, verukas, mouth ulcers)

dbarua

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am plagued by boils, verukas and mouth ulcers. I have been to the doctors numerous time and they have prescribed antibiotics (for the boils) but none of them work. I spent a week in hospital 6 months ago with a boil the size of a football, which had to be lanced. The veruka treament and mouth ulcer treatment are useless also. I can't get any joy from the GP on getting these issues solved. Has anyone any advice on how to deal with these infections, or how to deal with the GP?

Thanks
Duncan

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I am plagued by boils, verukas and mouth ulcers. I have been to the doctors numerous time and they have prescribed antibiotics (for the boils) but none of them work. I spent a week in hospital 6 months ago with a boil the size of a football, which had to be lanced. The veruka treament and mouth ulcer treatment are useless also. I can't get any joy from the GP on getting these issues solved. Has anyone any advice on how to deal with these infections, or how to deal with the GP?

Thanks
Duncan
Hi Duncan, I see you have type 2 diabetes. The question that needs to be asked and answered is what is your control like? High numbers will cause boils, Same with mouth ulcers I would have thought.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Yes, I had boils (yuck!) for about a year and a half before I was diagnosed type 2. No doctor ever connected them to my high blood glucose levels - they didn't even check my HbA1c or fasting blood glucose. Some really strong antibiotics that a dermatologist prescribed finally got rid of them. They have also not come back since I got my blood glucose to normal levels.

Reactions: 2 people