Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.4

Reactions: 16 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.8 on a bright morning, hope it stays this way off to Bridgnorth for an outdoor party.

Reactions: 20 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

6.7 fasting.

got on the scales - looks like I have some work to do then! Not too bad - But a bit more dicipline required.

Reactions: 18 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good morning all . This is more like a proper time to get up first time this week it's been after 02.30 hrs :happy:
This morning it was amazingly 4.5 :):)
But it seems I've put on 4 lbs this week

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 at bedtime & 5.4 immediately before the breakfast shake this morning, been up over an hour though.

Reactions: 21 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Oh dear!
Fasting 7.8
2 hours after full fat Greek joghurt 7.0
Have got an appointment with my Endo beginning June. Perhaps she will increase the Trajenta.
My last HbA1c was 5.6 % and I will have another one then.

Reactions: 15 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. My fasting reading was 6.7 after a 5.4 bedtime one. It seems my 100ml red wine didn't work last night!

The 5.4 bedtime reading was probably quite accurate as my previous reading had been a 6.1 and I hadn't eaten anything since my after dinner test at 7.8.

Reactions: 16 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Good morning everyone
7·8
Had a busy day yesterday, we took the grandkids to the Harry Potter exhibition at Warner brother's studios.
We stopped for fish & chips on the way home, which explains the high numbers this morning.
First time this year I've been to the chipy, they were delicious but I think it will be a while before I go again.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. I did a lot of testing yesterday. Basically with a deliberately indulgent lunch including 85% cocoa solids chocolate and a nice lump of cheese plus peanuts on top of cold chicken and a salad (1100 calories and 19g carbs) I experienced a BG rise of almost 3 units. so a bit disappointing. In the morning for breakfast I had a low carb flax/linseed muffin made with egg and an additional egg; 450 calories and 5g carbs. I started off with a BG of 5.3 and 2 hours later it was 6.0. For supper I had salmon and a few prawns with vegetables and a cream sauce (730 calories and 10g carbs) and BG went from 5.3 to 6.3. It seems by BG stabilises at around 5.3 which is basically what I find it to be before meals.

Reactions: 14 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.1 this morning. I did a lot of testing yesterday. Basically with a deliberately indulgent lunch including 85% cocoa solids chocolate and a nice lump of cheese plus peanuts on top of cold chicken and a salad (1100 calories and 19g carbs) I experienced a BG rise of almost 3 units. so a bit disappointing. In the morning for breakfast I had a low carb flax/linseed muffin made with egg and an additional egg; 450 calories and 5g carbs. I started off with a BG of 5.3 and 2 hours later it was 6.0. For supper I had salmon and a few prawns with vegetables and a cream sauce (730 calories and 10g carbs) and BG went from 5.3 to 6.3. It seems by BG stabilises at around 5.3 which is basically what I find it to be before meals.

Your blood glucose readings for breakfast and lunch are all great! :)

You've made some good observations about how your blood glucose levels seem to stabilise.

The rise at lunch may well be to do with too much protein? I recall briefly looking at our post on the what have you eaten thread. If I remember correctly you ate a large amount of protein as well as it being a high calorific lunch.

I think you know - but, I'll mention it any way - over 50% of protein can be converted to blood glucose. So that may have played a significant role in your 3+ mmol / L rise.

Still, you seem to be monitoring well and finding out what works for you - good stuff! :)

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.