Type 2 Reversal

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've noticed on a number of occasions that people post they are doing the Newcastle Diet 'again.'

It seems to me that if you adopt a genuine low carb lifestyle (not diet) you will lose weight and reverse your diabetes.

Can the Newcastle Diet work?

Yes, I believe it can - but only for those amazing individuals with willpower by the bucketload.

In contrast I think low carbing works for everyone except perhaps a tiny minority with advanced beta cell damage OR far more commonly people are eating/drinking carbs without actually realising. Milk was my big one - it took me 6 months to find out the carb content. I'd just assumed because it was natural it was ok.

I believe that anyone who adopts a low carb lifestyle will see enormous health benefits. I certainly have and I'd love more people to see the same benefits.

Reactions: 6 people

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
i am on Day 8 of the Newcastle Diet, some days have been difficult, yesterday was particularly hard, but i am sticking to it and will carry on till i have reversed my Diabetes

I am gradually getting used to it and will certainly be carrying on .

Reactions: 2 people

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the thing for me - it often seems that the ND is a daily struggle whereas I love my food and only really struggle with Italian restaurants and one or two others which are easily avoided.
Good luck though!

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Yes I like my food too, but it about the difficult times now and then hopefully with diet control all be good