Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
About a year ago I was on Levemir and becoming resistant so I started increasing my doses, I was about 10 stone at the time, I also began to gain weight even though I eat low carb, my DSN finally switched me to Tribeca about 3 months ago and I have been able to decrease my basal dose. Since switching I haven't lost weight and now sit at 11 stone 6, I am at a loss as to what to do, daily I eat an omelette for breakfast salad/fish for lunch and supper is a protein meal, I don't touch rice, bread, pasta at all and do not have time for exercise as I run around all day as it is.

Can anyone offer advice as I would really like to get back to my original weight ?

Thanks ;)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have a couple days a week eating less. Skip a meal if you are ok with basal testing and if you won't go low.
Hubby if he plateaud took 2 days of less food ie not a breakfast and it seemed to kick his body into thinking those 2 days were starvation and let his usage on the next 5 days kick back into losing weight.
I myself (don't want to lose weight) and the T1 also find that on my basal testing days it kicks my body into thinking the same way.
Increasing healthy fats of avocado and olives also kicked us into losing more weight. Ok for hubby, but not me as I have no fat.
Having more dairy did also lose more weight but increased our cholesterols. Since the avocado and oils for us were introduced hubby has lost more and now fits in to my size 10 jeans.
It may just be that your body has got used to those foods and needs a slight change in the variety to kick start again.

We don't touch the pasta etc either. We do include some fruit.

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Thanks Don - that makes alot of sense, I have pretty much kept to the same diet now for the past year, the weight gain has come onto my tummy and since switching to Tribeca and reducing my basal I had hoped it would shift but am not seeing any changes - also taking far less correction doses as running high on Levemir for so long I was constantly correcting. I do eat blueberries and strawberries a couple of times a week but no to all other obvious carbs, and apart from taking more exercise which as a working mum I find difficult to - I couldnt work out what to do.

Sadly the prospect of skipping a meal fills me with dread as am starving most of the time, hey ho !!

Lynn_Eleen

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
About a year ago I was on Levemir and becoming resistant so I started increasing my doses, I was about 10 stone at the time, I also began to gain weight even though I eat low carb, my DSN finally switched me to Tribeca about 3 months ago and I have been able to decrease my basal dose. Since switching I haven't lost weight and now sit at 11 stone 6, I am at a loss as to what to do, daily I eat an omelette for breakfast salad/fish for lunch and supper is a protein meal, I don't touch rice, bread, pasta at all and do not have time for exercise as I run around all day as it is.

Can anyone offer advice as I would really like to get back to my original weight ?

Thanks ;)
I would cut down on the eggs and slightly vary diet. Eat a bit of citrus fruit and walk about more don't go mad just a bit extra. We all put weight on and as we get older it is more difficult to lose. Lynnipinny

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, might be worth increasing good fats a bit, and reducing protein portion sizes a little. Like others have suggested, making some changes in your meals may make your body sit up and take notice. This may not help, it's just a suggestion. I'm still losing on low carb high fat, but slowly. I think avoiding highs and lows in blood sugar helps me not put on weight, but it's easier said than done. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Thanks ;)
Eat more. You eat so little, your metabolism has ground to a halt.