Help

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I need help. No amount of alcohol Anonymous will help. Don't know who to turn to. But everytime I'm at work and drinking. Sometimes nobody understands me nobody knows how I feel inside. Counselling is not going to work talking to friends and family is not going to work. What do I do now? Don't want help, but need it. Why am I like this? I start at 2:15 thats in 15 minutes I've already had 3 cans of lager in 45 minutes. I also doubled my antidepressant this morning. By the way I'm in Swinton Manchester. The evil thoughts never went away. Our very own Robin redbreast has been there to help me, and I apologize to her now.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I knew that I wouldn't be on here asking (talking) for help. Even when i need help im not sure i want it. If you know what I mean.

M

mrspuddleduck

I'm no expert Martin but it sounds like you do want to stop but the addiction is so very hard to fight. Wanting, really wanting to stop is the first step. As you know, stopping is going to be one of the hardest things you've ever done but believe me if you succeed it will be an amazing achievement. Can I ask a few questions? How long have you been drinking? How long has it been a problem? Have you been to AA? Have you talked to your GP/are they sympathetic? Sorry for the quiz but the last thing you need right now is a stranger going over old ground.
P.s our robin redbrest does seem pretty amazing,!
Sue xxx

Reactions: 2 people

carol anne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mashed potato
I would start by starting later and later and larger shandy will wean you off but you have to have a goal a reason you want to change your life and take each day as a fresh day so if you have a bad day start again on a fresh new day

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, you recognise that you need some help and that is a good thing.

You mentioned that you are on anti-depressants so it sounds like you may have seen your gp. Strongly suggest you let your gp know how you are feeling so they can discuss the best thing for you.

If there is nobody you feel comfortable talking to in person the Samaritans offer a lifeline.

You have taken the first step so you can keep going to get yourself better. Hope you are ok

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I cant be bothered anymore. Just been and bought my daily intake.

Thanxs for the support guys.

Martin out!

You've had a lot of support previously and now @martin80. I hope that you can find your'way to trusting someone to listen and help you with your problems.

Reactions: 2 people
G

graj0

I need help. No amount of alcohol Anonymous will help. Don't know who to turn to. But everytime I'm at work and drinking. Sometimes nobody understands me nobody knows how I feel inside. Counselling is not going to work talking to friends and family is not going to work. What do I do now? Don't want help, but need it. Why am I like this? I start at 2:15 thats in 15 minutes I've already had 3 cans of lager in 45 minutes. I also doubled my antidepressant this morning. By the way I'm in Swinton Manchester. The evil thoughts never went away. Our very own Robin redbreast has been there to help me, and I apologize to her now.

You say you need help and you've eliminated the people in the best position to help. At some point you will have to talk to someone, if I knew your GP's eMail address, I'd cut and post your message and send it to him. You're 100%, you need help, medical help. It's a shame you've said "No amount of AA will help", how many meetings did you go to? I know several people who spent a small fortune at The Priory and ended up at AA. Much better. You're going to have to talk to your GP first.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
@martin80
You really do need proper professional help .
Please 'do' seek real help from your GP and explain all to him/her .

We are all unqualified members here - only being a community diabetes support forum .
Maybe try ringing AA - they can offer more constructive advice perhaps for you ?