2014/15 Football Season

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ho hum; 2-0 to Citeh. To be expected, I suppose.

Now we need Arsenal to win the FA cup, if we're to play in the Europa League next season. Can't believe I'm saying this, but "Come on, the Gooners". There has to be a first time for everything :D

On the up side, Jay Rodriguez has signed a new 4-year contract with Saints (for whatever that's worth, nowadays) and says he's fitter and better than ever. We'll see.

Onwards and upwards............. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
[QUOTE="johnboy412000,

14th June next game[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's a qualifier mate!

2-0 to Preston now 12 minutes in!

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
4-0 game over!

2 out 3 predictions correct!

Can Boro make it a hat trick?

Well done Preston!

Reactions: 3 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Good Luck Middlesbrough and Norwich have a great day and may the best club go up :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
europa league = poison chalice..
Well yes, up to a point. It's a strain on (usually) limited resources and doesn't carry quite the kudos of the Champions League.

However:

(1) It would be great to be able to say "We're in Europe this season, you know" :) and,
(2) As previously mentioned, If Saints got into the Europa Cup we'd do a repeat of last time and get knocked out in the first round by some obscure Greek team, anyway, so it won't matter much. :D

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well yes, up to a point. It's a strain on (usually) limited resources and doesn't carry quite the kudos of the Champions League.

However:

(1) It would be great to be able to say "We're in Europe this season, you know" :) and,
(2) As previously mentioned, If Saints got into the Europa Cup we'd do a repeat of last time and get knocked out in the first round by some obscure Greek team, anyway, so it won't matter much. :D
The rest of Europe treat the Europa cup as a priority, rather than we treat it as a sideshow to the league.
There can be great rewards to get from the cup, especially in the semi-finals and final. Indeed, you qualify automatically for the champions league if you win it now!
European clubs move their league games to suit Europa cup game's, rather than what we do, first premiership than telly gets priority to the cup!
We live in a crazy country, most of it is **** about face!

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We live in a crazy country, most of it is **** about face!

Ain't that the truth!

And not just about football :D

Anyway, whatever happens next weekend ("Come on, Arsenal"! ;)), it's been a stonking season down here in the balmy South. Here's to more - much more - of the same in 2015/16, and to success to all the teams whose fans turn up here to share their joys and sorrows every week :).

Reactions: 4 people