Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

don't think so....i just get a jump from the bread :(
Phew, I thought you meant you got the spike and the pate would have added to that. Could be then that it could surpress the spike somewhat.....Usually more butter than less helps (though does tend to land on the hips)

Reactions: 3 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Are there carbs in pate? :eek: I never checked, just assumed it was all meat and fat......
Some may have a little sugar but only a small amount , but there shouldn't be many carbs it's the toast to go with it you have to watch :banghead:

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Phew, I thought you meant you got the spike and the pate would have added to that. Could be then that it could surpress the spike somewhat.....Usually more butter than less helps (though does tend to land on the hips)
You know what they say A moment of the lips a life time on the hips. Well it can be with me.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, this morning my FBG was 7.2, after a Eurovision party which involved snacks and some prosecco. Today we went to a house warming party, and I managed to keep to LC, but not to portion control! We'll see the results tomorrow.

Reactions: 12 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.7 mmol / L this morning.
10.4 mmol / L at bed time!

Neither were good. Bed time reading close to 45 min spike from lots of carbs - trying experiment to see if carbs would make me sleep better. Seems I overdid it a tad! Although, I did sleep better.

Morning reading at later waking which was probably past dawn phenomenon. Also, probably affected by carb heavy bed time feed.

Glad to have my meter close to hand again. :)

Reactions: 14 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
nuts...snacking on nuts has driven up my carbs to about 40-50grams per day..as a result blood sugars have been in the high sixes/low sevens for many, many weeks now. 6.7 this morning..driving ME nuts. been drawing many lines in the sand without success. stops now (i hope). will try kicking the nut habit with some willpower, butter & black coffee. :)

Reactions: 12 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. Expected it higher as I had a burger at the footy again and a sandwich on the way home yesterday which pushed me well over 150g of carbs. I did walk a long way too though (17k according to my fitness band) so that probably has a lot to do with today's good reading :)

Reactions: 19 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.3

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.