Hello From Mid Glamorgan, South Wales, UK

CE11LEE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello My Name is Lee I am Aged 26, was Diagnosed As A type 2 When I had A Funny Turn At The Cardiopulmary Unit At Prince Charles Hospital And was kept In For 3 day In June 2011

I Am On Metformin 500mg 3 times A Day

Reactions: 2 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Noswaith dda Lee and welcome to the forum.

ps the above greeting, good morning and Wales for ever is the extent of my Welsh I'm afraid but I thought I'd make the effort :lol:

Reactions: 4 people

CE11LEE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Didn't Realise it was such awhile ago I had posted this, sadly since I posted this I found my brother dead in August 2013 so it's been a tough time and I did let things slide. I hadn't gone for my annual check up for 2 years but as I say I had my reasons.

I am still on Metformin but I think the mg maybe higher as I take these twice a day now as the nurse did say they don't usually do the 500mg at 3 times a day now. I'll have to take a look at the box and get back to you on that one.

I've got the Diabetes Nurse a week Friday, Sadly The Diabetes Nurse I was under has left my surgery to become a community Diabetes Nurse for the Health Board. The other nurse I'm seeing her specialty is in the chest like asthma etc but she is doing the Diabetes now as no replacement has been appointed for the Diabetes Nurse that's gone, Dreading it a bit as I remember seeing this nurse for a blood pressure check a few years ago and she was ever so upbrupt with me but she got on with my auntie like house on fire.

Shall report back and let you know how it went

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Good morning Lee from North Wales.
Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time.
Hope things are settling down for you on the family front now and look forward to seeing you learning and teaching others all about this life.
Ask as many questions as comes to mind.
Don't worry too much about falling off the wagon especially under such emotional circumstances.
Look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Don't forget this place again.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
hello there hope you enjoy reading all the info on the site as I do:)

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi welcome back
I hope life starts treating you better . Any questions just ask away .
Let us know how you get on , my nurse sounds the same but this time she was compleatly different it give me faith in the NHS again:)

Reactions: 3 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. I was born in Glamorgan but can't really claim to be Welsh. You are very young to be T2 and most diagnosed at your age would be Late onset T1. Can you let us know what your BMI is like. I share your fears about DN changes. I had a lovely one until recently who came from the hospital diabetes clinic and she helped me get started on insulin. My new nurse is lovely but covers everything and only knows what she has recently learned on the diabetes training which is very 'NHS'

Reactions: 5 people

CE11LEE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank You For The Lovely Messages.

About 3 weeks ago I had a phone call from my surgery saying my GP was doing a Diabetes Clinic and Wanted Me To Attend, So 2 Days I Go Along, He's A New GP so first time of meeting him.

He said my levels are all over the place but he really wants to avoid me going on insulin so he prescribed me Forxiga and I now take metformin 500 mg just twice a day instead of 3.

All in all I don't seem to be suffering side effects, just I urinate a lot more now since being on the Forxiga but I suppose that's the whole point.

I will have my levels checked now in September and I will see him around November.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thank You For The Lovely Messages.

About 3 weeks ago I had a phone call from my surgery saying my GP was doing a Diabetes Clinic and Wanted Me To Attend, So 2 Days I Go Along, He's A New GP so first time of meeting him.

He said my levels are all over the place but he really wants to avoid me going on insulin so he prescribed me Forxiga and I now take metformin 500 mg just twice a day instead of 3.

All in all I don't seem to be suffering side effects, just I urinate a lot more now since being on the Forxiga but I suppose that's the whole point.

I will have my levels checked now in September and I will see him around November.

Did he give you ketone stix?

There are warnings for forxiga.. You should have been given some ketone stix too.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No He Never, To Be Honest Since Being Diagnosed In 2011 I have never had my urine tested.
I have mine tested when I have my 6 monthly review - I think they check for proteins etc as well

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hello My Name is Lee I am Aged 26, was Diagnosed As A type 2 When I had A Funny Turn At The Cardiopulmary Unit At Prince Charles Hospital And was kept In For 3 day In June 2011

I Am On Metformin 500mg 3 times A Day
Welcome!

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Welcome back to the forum. Do you have a family member or friend who can come to the nurse and doctor appointments with you? It can be a big help to have someone take a few notes on what they say, and also to help you remember what questions to ask. I don't know anything about Forgixa but it sounds like getting some ketostix would be a good idea. Maybe you could phone them to ask about it? Another person who might be able to help with information about the medication is your Pharmacist.

CE11LEE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all thought it’s about time I post a update.

Well back in the summer I was informed my surgery were to close. I had been thinking for awhile about changing anyway as I wasn’t really happy with the GPs there or the nurse that replaced the Diabetic Nurse so the closure more or less made my mind up for me.

So I decided to join my mother’s surgery.

Saw her GP in October she was really nice. She was shocked Mind I hadn’t had my bloods done in 2 years I explained why and how the nurse at my old surgery made me feel small and with me Autism she didn’t have any understanding.

The new Dr she was very understanding and Shen booked in for bloods test straight away.

So I had my blood done and was also was given a bottle for a urine sample first time I’ve given on eBay since my Diagnoses.

I was also booked in to see the Diabetic Nurse. I went to see her in November and she was great. I was in with her for over 40mins she took time to listen to me and gave me a good looking over.

We discussed my medication and unbeknown to me my previous surgery took me off the other medication that I was taken with my Metformin. I didn’t know as I am on quite a few tablets which my mother sorts out for me.

My blood pressure was high too so she said she wanted to have a chat with the Dr about me and she’s would call me at home ASAP.

So I went home about an hour later she called to say she’s spoke to the Dr and the Dr suggested I take Empagliflozin 10mg once a day along with my regular dose of metformin. As well as my Diabetes it should help my blood pressure too.

I am seeing the Nurse on Monday now for another BP check and to give my blood meter readings as she haven me a new Meter as well.

Also my Dr has referred me to Hospital Rhematology as she suspects I may have Ehlers Dalos Syndrome.

So all in all I think my old surgery closing was a blessing.

Reactions: Liam1955

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that is great news, you're actually getting the help you need and the service you should have been getting all along from your old Dr. I changed my Dr a couple of times as I didn't like their attitude.