Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

On par with weefergus at 6.5 fasting on this nice sunny bh Monday. Bbq planned for later, brollies at the ready.

Reactions: 12 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hm, 7.3 this morning, tested twice, exactly the same result, which surprises me as I walked and cycled yesterday (400 calories worth of activity according to my smartphone app) and the rest of the day was busy on my feet in the kitchen, etc. We did have a roast but the only remotely carby things I had were some parsnip and roasted carrot. That was the only meal I had, too. More cycling and walking planned for today.

Reactions: 11 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Expected it higher as I had a burger at the footy again and a sandwich on the way home yesterday which pushed me well over 150g of carbs. I did walk a long way too though (17k according to my fitness band) so that probably has a lot to do with today's good reading :)
17k, that's over 10 miles, very impressed :)

Reactions: 11 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
thank you. i would love to get in the 5,s in the mornings

Me too ally1, me too!

As many fellow members say it's a marathon not a sprint. In the end the race is just with ourselves. ;)

You're doing remarkably well considering how high your morning fasting readings were not too long ago! :clap:

Morning fasting readings are generally the last and slowest to reduce and respond to consistency throughout the day - I find the slightest digression carbs wise is always reflected in my morning reading.

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working! :D

Reactions: 13 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.6 mmol / L this morning.
6.6 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time was a little past midnight - well, it is Bank Holiday today! ;) Ate most of my carbs (for the day) at tea time - like usual but, had a few extra carbs to see if sleep improved. Judging by bed time blood glucose - just before normal bed time food - I got the carb level right. Also, sleep was much better quality! :) I suspect the later wake up time helped, though probably past my morning liver dump.

Reactions: 16 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
8.4 at 9 am
Greek joghurt with cinnamon for breakfast
8.2 2 hours later
Not happy with that.

Reactions: 13 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too on the nuts. Love them but so easy to over indulge and don't get me started on the red wine!

Have you tried adding coconut oil to your coffee to make it bullet proof?

tried it once before..not quite my thing i'm afraid. a bit of a coffee snob so i like mine black :)

Reactions: 9 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always found nuts keep my bs lower....mayb worth checking carb content per nut type? I believe cashews are mire if a guilty pleasure but still way better than some snacks.

no such luck :( every time i indulge or rather over indulge, my blood sugar goes to pot...

Reactions: 8 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
tried it once before..not quite my thing i'm afraid. a bit of a coffee snob so i like mine black :)

LOL - Me too! ;)

However, I do love "Proper" BulletProof coffee!

It doesn't work, as Dave Asprey intended, with coconut oil. :( There's not enough "True" MCTs in coconut oil - the biologically available C8 & C10.

Reactions: 5 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL - Me too! ;)

However, I do love "Proper" BulletProof coffee!

It doesn't work, as Dave Asprey intended, with coconut oil. :( There's not enough "True" MCTs in coconut oil - the biologically available C8 & C10.

:) the one time i did try to blend some butter & coconut oil with my coffee, i failed to close the lid properly and most of it ended up on my face and the floor...took it as a sign...not much beats a mug of french pressed black Yirgacheffe..except maybe a second mug of french pressed black Yirgacheffe..

Reactions: 10 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good tasting coffee was something I feared I might have to give up because I need all but the best (which is usually the most expensive) to be sweetened but thankfully sucralose does an excellent job and I enjoy a couple of home-ground espressos (well, Americanos as I use more water) and I just use Sainsburys or Aldi own-brand cheap espresso coffee beans with my ageing Krups Vivo F880 espresso machine. I use a rather excellent ceramic burr Porlex hand grinder from Japan.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.