Favourite detectives

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
George Gently , Vera, my two favourites x

Reactions: 7 people

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
Vera and Geoge Gently for me also

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I saw the last one of George Gently last night, fantastic music, with the skinhead era.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I saw the last one of George Gently last night, fantastic music, with the skinhead era.

Yeah, I have one of the Harrington jackets, that the wpc was wearing, wonder, how many Ben Sherman shirts were worn?. Never did like the monkey boots. At discos, young ladies, wore 2 piece suits. Didn't see any. Bovver boots on. Crombies on, and look smart, not like that lot last night!

Did like the music!!!! Only saw the last hour or so on +1

C

chris lowe

I love Elementary! It's great to see Sherlock as a flawed human being, not just a selfish know-it-all.

Death in Paradise is my favourite show during dark winter (and spring) late afternoons, when I come home from work cold and tired. Cheers me up, despite all the murders! It's also nice to see which actor has gone on holiday to the Caribbean to guest star in each episode :)
I couldn't get into Elementary, I think it wasJohnny Lee Miller, he's got a sort of permanently crazed look about him. Bit like David Tennant.

Reactions: 5 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Columbo is easily my top detective, but i do like Clouseau and Monk, and Poirot is up there too.

Reactions: 8 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn't get into Elementary, I think it wasJohnny Lee Miller, he's got a sort of permanently crazed look about him. Bit like David Tennant.
LOL, true! Though he was supposed to be an addict. That look mellows down into a focused, passionate expression as the series progress. At times, he's positively beaming!

Reactions: 3 people
C

chris lowe

LOL, true! Though he was supposed to be an addict. That look mellows down into a focused, passionate expression as the series progress. At times, he's positively beaming!
I did see JLM in Frankenstein from the National Theatre and he was excellent as the monster. He & Benedict Cucumberpatch alternated each night to play monster & Frankenstein. I could see why, the make up must have taken hours and the role was very intense

Reactions: 5 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cadfael - Am currently on book 10 but am seeing Derek Jacobi in my head!

Reactions: 7 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sherlock Holmes was my favourite of all time...I remember he was on on a thusday eve at 8pm I would race all the way home from the swimming baths to watch it on TV.....

Reactions: 9 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had another thought - David Tennant. He's DI Alec Hardy in "Broadchurch", of course, which is brilliant, but one of the very first roles he played on TV was as another detective - DI Peter Carlisle - in a series called "Blackpool". It's difficult to categorise the show, because it was part musical, part whodunnit and part comedy, but Tennant was brilliant as were David Morrissey and Sarah Parish; two more of my favourite actors. I imagine the producers of "Broadchurch" were thinking of "Blackpool" when they cast Tennant

It's not everybody's cup of tea (and probably sounds just plain weird from my description) but if you ever get the chance, give it a try.

In a slightly similar vein there's Philip Marlowe in "The Singing Detective". One of my favourite pieces of TV drama, from one of our greatest TV Dramatists, Dennis Potter. Impossible to describe in a few words, and Marlowe isn't really a detective (I don't think 'm giving much away here, because it quickly becomes apparent that he isn't) but quite, quite brilliant. Starring Michael Gambon and Janet Suzman and a stellar supporting cast, including Joanna Whalley as a gorgeous nurse, which gets my vote: who could resist? :cool:

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Rebus with Ken Stott
Taggart any
Vera
Gently

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tom Selleck in Magnum and Jesse Stone. Not bothered which one as long as it's Tom!

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
HongKongPhooey-76205.png

This guy was awesome !

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Miss Marple with the great Joan Hickson

Joan Hickson was great, also loved Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple too :)
Jim Rockford was good and also Cagney and Lacey.