Plant sterols

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Having side effects from statins so ordered some plant sterol tablets to trial to at least give my body a rest from statin. Cant just ignore chol level as have heart disease and really could not face another bypass
Question is anyone else tried this method and if so was it succesful
Walking apx three miles today legs ached so badly I needed to sit down for a while so hoping for a better way:doctor:

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Having side effects from statins so ordered some plant sterol tablets to trial to at least give my body a rest from statin. Cant just ignore chol level as have heart disease and really could not face another bypass
Question is anyone else tried this method and if so was it succesful
Walking apx three miles today legs ached so badly I needed to sit down for a while so hoping for a better way:doctor:
I haven't tried the sterol tablets, but tried a yogurt drink (Benecol is one of them). It did reduce my cholesterol from 7.2 to 5.6, but I can't stand yogurt, so gave up. Cholesterol now back up to 6.5:( I notice that you are on mixed Insulin and novorapid. How does that work as I've never seen anyone on both? I'm just on mixed. Sorry, I've finished up not answering your question, but asking one of my own instead :rolleyes:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took a plant sterols called Lestrin and my cholesterol came down but I also lowered my carb intake I have stopped taking them for a while and I will see when I have my diabetes review next week whether the levels. have gone up I have friends who have benefited from Lestrin that is why I tried it .You can buy it at Boots and it is 3for 2
CAROL

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I haven't tried the sterol tablets, but tried a yogurt drink (Benecol is one of them). It did reduce my cholesterol from 7.2 to 5.6, but I can't stand yogurt, so gave up. Cholesterol now back up to 6.5:( I notice that you are on mixed Insulin and novorapid. How does that work as I've never seen anyone on both? I'm just on mixed. Sorry, I've finished up not answering your question, but asking one of my own instead :rolleyes:
June i was on mixed for three months but morning dose either had me hypo pre lunch or high before evening meal so Dr added small dose novorapid at lunch but have gone back to basal bolus now found mixed too erratic