Tummy aches

jojojojo2012

My son is 6 was diagnosed in feb. Not a day goes by when he doesnt at some point complain of tummy ache or not feeling very well, generally feeling tired and poorly. It doesnt seem to have a pattern and not usually related to bg readings which are by and large good. Odd hypo and odd high but good. He has ben rundown lately and gone from one cold to another, and we are due half term next week. Anyone else have this? Im going to mention it at clinic when we go next week...... (i have alist of questions as long as my arm!)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Blood test can be false negitive :( sorry its the very first thing that came to mind as hes diabetic and its also autoimmune

dizzydoll

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My daughter also complained of this and was a nightmare getti g out of the door in morning (always wanted to try the toilet again) i asked her nurse too snd they couldn't see any link to her diabetes. It went on for months but seemed to resolve itself. In the end we put it down to nerves. Sorry not much help.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Just Laura

Exactly the same as dizzy doll. My daughter was the same and we did the coeliac test, which came back as negative but it went on for a few months.

It stopped after a few months, though so hopefully will be the same for you

x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DiaBethic95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had similar symptoms for the last month or so, I went to the doctors and they did a blood test, got the results back today and I have an under active thyroid !!
Might want to check that, if you haven't already ?
Beth

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi - does your little one drink plenty of fluids? My daughter complains of tummy pain regularly and our nurse said it can be linked to constipation... Even if going every day/regularly, they Ideally should be aiming to drink 5/6 big cups or bottle of water/sugar free squash a day to help 'purge' the system! Worth a try and has certainly helped us x

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could there be a problem at school ? Some times a worry could cause tummy ache
CAROL

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't be too worried about getting "appendicitis" or anything,
people are stupid for worrying you like that.

It's the baked beans that give me these aches.
I know every time I eat baked beans I experience really bad pains,
that usually give me goosebumps from the pain.
I suspect it might be a case of irritable bowel syndrome,
and maybe you should try eating a different substitute for the baked beans, and see if the aches subside.

Low-fat Philly cheese is great! So is a bit of bacon and onion without oil in the pan.

If they do-not subside, I would advise a trip to the doctor!