Info required re: Bydureon

Johnhawkins53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember, when injecting Bydureon, you are injecting a suspension, not a liquid. That's why you get little nodules under the skin where you inject. These gradually disappear in time and never caused me any irritation. One word of warning - don't massage the nodules in the hope it will make them disappear. If you do this, you are actually releasing the medication at a faster rate than it should be released - resulted in severe nausea for me and there is a risk of hypos as well. Leave the nodules alone, they will disappear of their own accord. Bydureon was great for bringing my BG levels down, but the effect didn't kick in for 6-8 weeks - so be patient.

Reactions: 2 people

polpol

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
When I was on Bydureon, I had whitish lumps at each injection site for a few weeks but they were under the skin and no problem. I had no gastro-intestinal problems or headaches. The injections were challenging, however, with bleeds. I was never sure I had got it all in or whether some of it was escaping! I am now on dapagliflozin - a once daily pill - that makes me pee out some of my blood glucose along with its calories. Lower HbA1c and weight loss - great.

Regards

Doug
Hi, my other half was taking Dapaglifozin for about 6 months last year. He ended up with a continues infection "down below"...and whilst on holiday in Cornwall, ended up in A & E.( it was a mess )!! Turned out to be a side effect... After reading up on Dapaglifozin ,and hearing that it had only been out for about 12-18 months , we decided he should stop taking it. The doctor then put him on Bydureon, which he has now been taking (along with metformin, & sitagliptin) ,.for approx. 6 months. .The only side effects he seems to have from the Bydureon is lots of lumps , from the injection sites.... Though he hasn't had a check up yet , as the nurse has had to cancel 2 appointments... But back there next week, so we shall see how it goes !!

Luv Bee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello,

I am due to have an appointment with the Diabetes Team on 31st May 2013 re: going onto Bydureon.

I've noticed some posts on here regarding people starting to use it - most dated Jan 2013.

Just wondered if anyone had any updates as to how they are getting on with it?
Any side effects/feeling better etc?

Any info appreciated :)

I have been on Bydureon for 9 weeks now - one of the 1 in 10 that gets the common side effects - I have been termed a super responder as my sugar levels have decreased dramatically but the side effects have kept me off work and put my life on hold - I have been encouraged to continue as the results are so good, I have lost a stone in weight and my pulse rate has increased - I have also been told that some of what I thought were side effects of the medication could be withdrawal symptoms as sickness, nausea, hot flushes, strange internal vibrations + + + I have had a couple of better days recently and do not inject again until Thursday so I am working on the theory that the dose is at maximum now and the withdrawal symptoms may subside and I will be able to get back to normal activity soon - I will keep you posted