How has the forum helped you?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We think sharing knowledge and encouraging one another is invaluable when it comes to living with diabetes, and how much the forum has helped so many of you. That's why we're asking for your help - we want to show the world how amazing our community is.

You can help out by sending a 2-3 minute (or even longer if you fancy) video in to us about your experiences on the forum.

We'd love for you to answer 2 questions in your video:
Why did you join the Diabetes.co.uk forum?
How has the community helped you? (I.E. finding out about low carb diets, motivated you to make other lifestyle changes etc.)

Feel free to drop a video to either @Administrator or @Giverny via private message or via email to [email protected]

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I joined to see what others were doing and to learn more about my Type 2.

Firstly I discovered the Newcastle diet then how to low carb.

It has changed my life as I am now in control now with no medication.

Reactions: 3 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't send a video but just wanted to say that the forum has taught me about low carbing, and could well have saved me from a very painful future and possibly even an early death. My Mum was type 2 and had several strokes and 2 heart attacks, the second of which killed her. And I was (sort of) following NHS diet guidelines so was at risk of going the same way.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
What has this forum done for me :
It has taught me so much about Diabetes that I did not know about , carbs for one I could not understand why my levels were high as did not eat sugary things then I joined this forum and read about carbs I wondered why the Doctors never told me to lower carbs? but oh well....next is the recipes Oh my some of them are yummy and my cupboard full of alsort's of things from the health shop..... then there is the lovely people who post on here all of which have the patience to answer our queerys and advice us of anything they think is beneficial to us...I love the forum and visit regularly, I hope many more.enjoy it to and now after reading about the Newcastle diet here I will take a look at it..Happy posting peeps:);):playful:

Reactions: 2 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
HbA1c, 16.4% to 6.8% in 3 months, 'cos the nice folk here told me about carbs!

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, but I would rather walk a mile, barefoot, over broken glass than make a video for uploading to this or any other website.

I prefer to contribute by posting on the forum.

I am curious about what the videos will be used for though?

Reactions: 4 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Sorry, but I would rather walk a mile, barefoot, over broken glass than make a video for uploading to this or any other website.

I prefer to contribute by posting on the forum.

I am curious about what the videos will be used for though?

They'll be posted up on Facebo................... Oh, better not start that argument again! :)

Reactions: 6 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sorry don't do videos but I must say that the forum has given me more help in understanding diabetes in the last 3mounths than the NHS has done so thank you , with out you I would still be lost and very confused :bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

Reactions: 2 people