Test

Dyanadeva P

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All,

1) Can anyone tell me if it is okay to test blood sugar level 2 times a day , Is there any side effect piercing needle in fingers as often?
2) If so do I need to change needle each time I test my blood or I can use one needle more than once?
3) What product can give me the high accuracy %

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I test about 4 to 5 times a day everyday since diagnosis about 8 months ago and I am fine you would probably see small tiny red dots but not painfull.
I dont change my needle every time I test, I do it once every 3 to 4 weeks or if it starts stinging a lot.
I use codefree, i cant say for anyone else how accurate they are.

Reactions: 2 people

Dyanadeva P

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
I test about 4 to 5 times a day everyday since diagnosis about 8 months ago and I am fine you would probably see small tiny red dots but not painfull.
I dont change my needle every time I test, I do it once every 3 to 4 weeks or if it starts stinging a lot.
I use codefree, i cant say for anyone else how accurate they are.
Thank you very much for your reply, Brettsza.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I've been doing it for years.....! 8/10 times a day. Its all about BS monitoring & control. Never had issues..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome,

I test up to 10 times a day and have done for over 12 months with no issues. It is the best (and probably only) way to learn which foods your own body can cope with without raising blood sugar levels too much.

I doubt there is a great deal of difference between meters as far as accuracy goes. None of them are 100%. In order to pass the regulations they are only required to be within plus or minus 15% accuracy.

I change my needles when either they start to hurt or it becomes difficult to draw blood.

Reactions: 4 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You can test as little and often as you like. I'm on insulin and typically test only twice a day; more if driving a lot. I'm lucky that my bs is very predictable. I change my lancet weekly. Most meters are +/- 15% accuracy.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hello All,

1) Can anyone tell me if it is okay to test blood sugar level 2 times a day , Is there any side effect piercing needle in fingers as often?
2) If so do I need to change needle each time I test my blood or I can use one needle more than once?
3) What product can give me the high accuracy %

Are you asking on behalf of yourself or someone else?

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I test 8 to 10 times a day, using the sides of my fingers (it's best to avoid finger tips). I have been diabetic almost 25 years, and have never suffered problems from frequent testing. I also work as a pianist, so finger health is very important to me!