Pump Comparison Chart?

iHs

I get about 6 weeks use out of the pump battery without the cgm but I do have the contrast setting right up and I also have the longest time out so that the pump doesnt keep turning the lcd screen off before Ive been able to enter details correctly. If I was to change the contrast and time out settings, I could get a bit more out of the battery.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not to sure but think the battery lasted about 12 weeks without the CGM. If you don't want any of the wizards then just switch them off no problem. Does seem such a waste though. Each to their own as they say :)

Sounds good battery life :) I wouldn't be using the CGM on a regular basis, but I would be interested to use it on occasion to get a full picture of my BS. It's a nice option to have and I've heard good things about the Vibe's CGM capability.

One more question as you've been so very helpful - the Vibe uses luer lock connections, right? So could I, for example, use the AccuChek sets I'm using now with it ( Rapid D and Tenderlink)?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get about 6 weeks use out of the pump battery without the cgm but I do have the contrast setting right up and I also have the longest time out so that the pump doesnt keep turning the lcd screen off before Ive been able to enter details correctly. If I was to change the contrast and time out settings, I could get a bit more out of the battery.

6 weeks I could cope with :) I'd probably have a long time out too so that's useful to know.

iHs

Although the Vibe takes luer tubes, check with yr hospital as to whether 2 accounts can be set up to get Accuchek sets and Animas cartridges etc. Some hospitals will do it but some wont. The Inset 30 is much nicer to use than the Tenderlink but I like the Flexlink more than the Inset II. The Contact D from Animas is ok but doesnt have the swivel lock set to tube join like the Rapid D. It joins together using the set clip as on the Tenderlink and Inset 30.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Although the Vibe takes luer tubes, check with yr hospital as to whether 2 accounts can be set up to get Accuchek sets and Animas cartridges etc. Some hospitals will do it but some wont. The Inset 30 is much nicer to use than the Tenderlink but I like the Flexlink more than the Inset II. The Contact D from Animas is ok but doesnt have the swivel lock set to tube join like the Rapid D. It joins together using the set clip as on the Tenderlink and Inset 30.

Thank you - that hadnt occurred to me. I'll definitely check.

And thank you for the detail about the sets. For me, it's crucial to have a good set that I can get along with. The only real pump problem I've had is poor absorption on occasion, so I'm obsessed with sets and sites. Going to have a look at the Animas sets online now :)

john5605

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Medtronic pump is awesome. There are challenges to whatever we do in life; including changing anything we do. Learning a new pump is the same.
I've just become a pump user in the last 2 months along with the con't. sensor as I no longer am able to 'feel' when my sugar is low. Becoming confused, combattive and even having seizures due to the low sugar - here in the United States, we finally fought & got Medicare to cover the sensor.
My wife could no longer tolerate the highs, the lows = the unknown everyday. The pump has the ability to give bonus/carb intake per choice settings of all at once to even over couple hours & the bonus wizard will not let you give more than carbs' s amt based. Yes, you can over-ride the bonus wizard if so desired.
The company has 24/7 help line and they have talked us through mega problems; even sending replacement sensor products when being unable to do it correctly! (Re: unable to 'load' the device correctly into the 'insertor' & wasting 3 sensors before getting it correct).
The pump - insulin has it's own syringe (2 sizes) --depends on how much insulin used in 3 day period(150U or the 300u which I have). Gives you 4+hr warning when 'low' so you have plenty of time to get to reset up. Also, able to fill with either the flex pen or from a vial.
What a Godsend! ( my wife- ICU nurse/heart patients and using Medtronic pacemakers and other products with her critically ill patients for 20+years-- STRONGLY suggest the Medtronic device!!).
Oh, yes-- I have mega problems with absorption rates too due to being a DB 40+ years so I definitely understand your concern to "switching" to something new. Not only peripheral neuropathy with limb and toes amputations; I feel now the neuropathy has progressed even more upward to my stomach & its ability to digest at a normal person.

Last edited by a moderator:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for that, john. It's good to hear from a Medtronic user.