Insulin resistance/bloods not dropping like normal?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Thanks Donnelly, I've been using 90's since ive started pumping and never had issues like this before. I havent gained piles or weight or muscle and I'm using areas I've used before again without issue. I dont think ive got any other lengths will look when I get home.
I used 90's for 5 years with no problems then had to switch to the 30's.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I take everything back I now feel ropey as hell, Hot head and start of a migraine i think

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I take everything back I now feel ropey as hell, Hot head and start of a migraine i think

Your having a rough few days and it must be draining for you, have you made contact with your diabetes team to see if they can help in any way?

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Obvious and you've probably already done this, but have you checked for ketones? On one occasion of high BS I had them and phoned my DSN.

Another thing - and apologies if I've missed you saying this - are you correcting with an insulin pen? I was told to do that if I was having problems, and I always do.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bloods were 5.9 last time i checked, highest they have been is 15/16 which I wont get ketones at so no I havent checked.

again because i havent been sky high I havent corrected with a pen.

Thanks for help guys x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have had to start changing daily because of more muscle than fat.... Just because of random highs occuring on the 2nd day. I am now using my back for sets. Yet I too, have been using steel 6mm sets for majority of 5 years. Whether its sets or skin -no one knows.

Perhaps a stupid thing to say... But have you tried using sets from a different batch?

For me any levels over 12.0 its pretty much guaranteed I have to double the corrections. I have only reverted to manual corrections when using the faulty sets that Accuchek had years ago.

Reactions: 2 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yes I did use a different batch, I picked out a 100cm tube length for the arm set I changed to monday morning.

Now definitely on the page I'm unwell, I dont know whats wrong yet really, other than headache and dizzyness so possibly labrinthitis? and I cant remember being like that before this week (especially for 4 days duration while feeling fine)

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Just a simple one,have you tried a correction with a pen.