Reduced movement?

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey ladies,

I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and for the last week my sugars have been erratic, they are running high all day. And it's such a struggle to get them down, Evan when I'm not eating there running high!
My diabetic team have just said keep giving insulin, there's no limit!

I'm perfect throughout the night and I'm currently on a pump and a continuous glucose monitor! So I'll change my set if I think I'm not getting insulin.

Iv felt little man only 3 times today ( I have a counting kicks braclet )

Last time my sugars were bad I had reduced movement so I went up the hospital to get him monitored and he was fine. So I'm not so worried now.

But Did anyone get reduced movement when there sugars were running high or low? Thank you xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Madeline, if in any doubt, phone the triage team on Maternity. They'd rather have 100 false alarms than miss 1 genuine case.

As for your question, no, the only time I noticed reduced movement was just before I was induced, which was one reason why I phoned triage. But my BS then was going low. Hypos can be a sign of placenta problems so that was why I phoned triage. See New Baby Thread if you want to read a bit more.

Counting kicks is good, but what you're really looking for is anything unusual for your baby. If your baby mives less or more, or something seems different, phone triage and get advice.

I'm sue everything's fine, so don't panic or worry, but put your mind at rest and give them a call. X

Reactions: 2 people

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Iv said if I don't feel much in the next couple of hours I shall phone.

He used to be really active and ever since I had my first scare at 28 weeks he's been quite! But not this quite!

I no he's getting more cramped but I should still feel him more then I am! I have a scan on Tuesday so I'll get checked over there

Thank you x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The movements do change - baby can't do those big kicks as there's not so much room - but you should still feel a similar number, just more like rolls or shifts. I think I felt diffent movements around 32 weeks.

Good things to get baby to move are lying on your left side, having a cold drink, or even gentle pressing your tummy to see if baby responds. I know it's not good for BS but I had some ice cream.

My baby did have quiet days, which freaked me out, but the reduced movements I felt seemed to me like baby had gone sleepy or something, and I just felt uneasy.

As I said, if in any doubt, phone the hospital. That's what they're there for - to give advice.

Keep us updated X

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Iv said if I don't feel much in the next couple of hours I shall phone.
He used to be really active and ever since I had my first scare at 28 weeks he's been quite! But not this quite!

I no he's getting more cramped but I should still feel him more then I am! I have a scan on Tuesday so they can check him over then
Xxx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to go to hospital and get him monitored! he was fine though
Iv notice when I have a day of having high sugars he's less active! but my sugars have been much better lately

Xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm glad he was ok

Pregnancy with diabetes isn't the most relaxing of things, but it's totally with it. Sounds like you're doing really well :)