Boring low carb

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm trying really really hard to stick to a low carb diet (not a weight loss but to help my sugars) but I find myself eating the same things all the time! Does anyone have any easy, quick low carb meal ideas?

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Hi Miss90, you might like to look at two other forums. 1. Food, Nutrition & Recipes. 2 Low Carb diet. I don't watch either of them as I'm not on a LC diet, but you may find some useful ideas.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Miss90 ... I am LCHF and vegetarian .. I cannot say any of my diet is boreing ...or repetitive... Do look through the Low carb eating forums here ..also down load the diabetes.co.uk low carb cook book ... This is a way of eating that should not be boring !
How low carb are you going and what are you adding fat wise ..I just dumped all my low fat products for high or normal fat ones. So let's see a typical day for your meals and we can work from there ... Are you veggie or vegan ............ Or a meat eater ?

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
@Miss90 When you have time, perhaps at the weekend, how about making up double or triple quantities of some meals and freezing what you don't eat immediately. You then have a supply of perfect, easy, ready meals. The sort of things I've cooked in bulk recently, include chicken casserole, ratatouille, mince stew / meatballs, soups of all types, vegetarian bakes, fish casserole.
Sally

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could experiment with herbs and spices to liven it up.
Are you sticking to the same foods all the time?

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks everyone - I'm a meat eater but tend to stick to chicken and fish. I don't have much time as I work two jobs so I eat a lot of eggs, chicken salads, fish and veg, that sort of stuff. I'm not carb free, just trying to cut back!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb is much easier than you think once you get into it :)

Try looking up #LCHF on Instagram and you'll get loads of ideas :)

Reactions: 2 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pinterest too is full of ideas for LC, LCHF and Keto... Helps me when I feel in a rut.

Reactions: 2 people

Lancelot J

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower, Broccoli. And loud, ignorant opinionated people.
Try Going online and finding an app called "Yummly". It searches the internet for recipes in various catagories. Set your filter to "Lo-Carb" and search.
Being basically clueless about food but finding myself in the position of having to cook my own lo-carb meals, I've found it invaluable in getting ideas. (after that it's all adaptation, experimentation and testing).

Reactions: 8 people