Celebratory tea

Deskdoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I celebrated reaching my first goal this evening, (had a Jersey Royal with my tea courtesy of my daughter) I can now say I weigh less than 10st (just). I haven't been less than 11st for a few years and I'm well chuffed! Started on my new lifestyle of LCHF eating and aerobic exercise when I was diagnosed T2 in March, and it's working, just the way everyone said it would. HbA1c results next week, the level was 88 at diagnosis, so I'm hoping for a lower result this time. Fingers crossed everyone, please.

DD

Reactions: 12 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Oh well done to you , isn't it just great when things go well , such a boost to the ego too, keep up the good work :)

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I celebrated reaching my first goal this evening, (had a Jersey Royal with my tea courtesy of my daughter) I can now say I weigh less than 10st (just). I haven't been less than 11st for a few years and I'm well chuffed! Started on my new lifestyle of LCHF eating and aerobic exercise when I was diagnosed T2 in March, and it's working, just the way everyone said it would. HbA1c results next week, the level was 88 at diagnosis, so I'm hoping for a lower result this time. Fingers crossed everyone, please.

DD

Well done.

Don't be disheartened if your levels haven't reduced in the way you want/hope - it all takes time, especially if you want to maintain the changes for life. ;)

Topmansmithy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
modern life
Fantastic - well done. I was diagnosed with T2 in May this year - Blood sugar was 8.8, having tablets to help but also eating properly for the first time in over 40 years and exercising 4 times a week!
I'm gonna beat it.!

Reactions: 2 people