Balance magazine

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Does anyone recieve this mag or electronically , I use to when I was a kid thought it was sort of ok, been receiving Balance Lite on computer and still not sure, just wondered what others thought about it?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well I'm a member of Diabetes UK so get the magazine sent out automatically provided I remember to renew my membership, I like the Balance magazine as it keep me updated on the research that is going on to improve the lives of people with diabetes, it also has some good and encouraging features from people who live with the condition.

Reactions: 6 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a DUK member and read Balance each time. I find some of the articles about research quite good, but the diet advice remains bad, there is no acceptance that Late onset T1 exists and some of the answers to letters are dumb. Overall it could be a lot better; very 'establishment'.

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I'm a DUK member and read Balance each time. I find some of the articles about research quite good, but the diet advice remains bad, there is no acceptance that Late onset T1 exists and some of the answers to letters are dumb. Overall it could be a lot better; very 'establishment'.

Mmmmm this is how it was years ago I was hoping that it had changed somewhat, as I put I've had the last couple of "Balance Lite" versions it's seems as you say Establishment but I like nobleheads point of informative on research. But I do like bites of info of where to go and get things from, I won't be put of though and I suppose do the right thing and join again after donkeys years of not paying something towards my keep as a good diabetic should

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have considered joining to get the balance magazine. How much does the membership cost and how often do you have to pay? Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.