Out of Curiosity thread, an update ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Has June C or anyone else heard from Admin about the recent status changes ?? as there was such a large response to this thread with Admin/ Giverny tagged. I'm sure a reply would be greatly appreciated from someone.

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 5 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Has June C or anyone else heard from Admin about the recent status changes ?? as there was such a large response to this thread with Admin/ Giverny tagged. I'm sure a reply would be greatly appreciated from someone.

Best wishes RRB
I didn't see the original thread , but was wondering about this myself ?

Reactions: 4 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls

Best wishes RRB
As of this moment, I have not had the courtesy of an answer to my question about the sudden, unannounced status changes to forum members. Hopefully, one is in the pipeline.

Reactions: 6 people
N

NicolaB70

Best wishes RRB
Yes I also wondered to why there hasn't been any reply or explanation!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I expect they are all too busy doing other things. I don't mind being called a regular. I've been called much worse. :)

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
The forum wouldn't exist without us. ................................

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I sometimes see admin like the staff at Fawlty Towers - life for them would be so much easier if it weren't for us pesky contributors getting in the way ...

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ADMIN/GIVERNY PLEASE .............................CAN WE HAVE SOME RESPONSE FOR MEMBERS ??

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
ADMIN/GIVERNY PLEASE .............................CAN WE HAVE SOME RESPONSE FOR MEMBERS ??
Ditto the above post. We don't ignore newbies when they ask a question, we answer them as fast as we can, but my question posted on Tuesday evening has yet to be answered...........................!

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ditto the above post. We don't ignore newbies when they ask a question, we answer them as fast as we can, but my question posted on Tuesday evening has yet to be answered...........................!

Unfortunately a lot of members have seen this type of evasion before and I doubt it will be the last.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Thumbs up June and a very valid point.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Perhaps we should arrange a forum website visit strike.

Once the visitor stats drop - they'll sit up and take notice! ;)

The thing is - this forum is too damned useful to abstain from. :eek:

Ah, I love an optimist :D;)

Reactions: 5 people
M

mrspuddleduck

As a ROOKIE, Im feeling rather let down but the lack of response from Admin. Maybe the forum is so they can glean information/custom from us and not give anything back................ but then as a ROOKIE, maybe I dont have anything important enough for Admin to listen to??? Hardly encouraging is it?? Sue x :(:(:(:(

Reactions: 7 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Does it really matter? Spare a thought maybe for the members of the Minimins (weight loss support) forum. A forum that was active for 9 years with nearly 112,000 members. It shut without warning this week. Even the mods were unaware. Imagine losing all your support and friendships in a split second like that. That would be something to be unhappy about :(

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Sorry folks - just to let you know, we're addressing this issue and it was due to a small reshuffle of the way the user title ladder works on the forum. It now nudges up your ranking based on your post count rather than your trophy points, which I believe is a slightly more accurate representation of how much you contribute to the forum.

You guys are obviously not happy with how we've reworked ths sytem and I'm happy to make some changes. So guys and gals, let's work together and have a discussion about the titles we would like. As things stand, they are currently:

0 posts - Lurker
1-24 posts - Newbie
[personally I'd like to throw in 2 extra ones here!]
25-799 posts - Regular
2000+ - Legend

Reactions: 2 people