Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
i tend to get higher spikes if my Bg level is low than if its high ...maybe I am more careful about how many carbs etc I have if its on the high side :oops:

Do you keep records? I find it a great motivator. Plus I also find it handy being able to look at and analyse the information to spot trends and issues and also positive strategies!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4......slightly higher than last night....think maybe I am not eating enough and certainly not enough fat to compensate for the low carb eating...need to put that right

Reactions: 14 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I split big loaves and freeze half till I need it :)
I just got some of these rolls today....will try them tomorrow. They are pretty substantial and heavy so I have sliced them in half and popped them in the freezer...( will work out about 5 carbs each half ) ...they look delicious and are absolutely loaded with seeds inside and out :D

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i tend to get higher spikes if my Bg level is low than if its high ...maybe I am more careful about how many carbs etc I have if its on the high side :oops:
I get the same...the higher my bg the lower the spikes

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just came back from lidl and I couldn't see these rolls. They do have rye loaf and low GI bread but they are big.
I found them this morning in the fresh bake section...substantial beasties so I have cut them in half and put them in the freezer....will work out at around 5 carbs each that way :)

Reactions: 7 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this am ...can anyone answer a question for me ...say if your BG is 8.5 and after food it rises to 10.5 ( therefore only a rise of 2) is that ok because although that's high its not really a spike is it . I'm probably not stating this very clearly but say my BG was 5 then it after food it spikes to 10 plus is that worse than starting on a higher figure:confused:

I wouldn't be happy with that because above 8 you are being damaged by the toxicity of the blood glucose.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found them this morning in the fresh bake section...substantial beasties so I have cut them in half and put them in the freezer....will work out at around 5 carbs each that way :)
What are they called exactly as I have fresh bakery section here too. A pic would help either of loaf or the bread please.

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What are they called exactly as I have fresh bakery section here too. A pic would help either of loaf or the bread please.
Called HIGH PROTEIN ROLLS.....very distinctive appearance....triangular shape , dark in colour with hundreds and hundreds of sesame type seeds all over them 39p each...they are on the fresh bake shelves

Reactions: 5 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Called HIGH PROTEIN ROLLS.....very distinctive appearance....triangular shape , dark in colour with hundreds and hundreds of sesame type seeds all over them 39p each...they are on the fresh bake shelves
I just googled this and saw images but I am sure they don't do it here. I will ask them again. Thanks

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just googled this and saw images but I am sure they don't do it here. I will ask them again. Thanks
worth asking cos my Lidl is only tiny and they had them...seems they all do them as they are very popular

Reactions: 3 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 very happy that's 2 mornings running, I'm so hoping my weight loss and my liver are now working with me instead if against me. :)

Reactions: 12 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just stupidly thought I could have a ham salad baguette like i always did pre diagnosis and get away with it....nuh uhhh...huge spike :(...won't be doing that ever again :(....lesson learned the hard way....from 5.2 to 11.0 in one jump.....stupid, stupid woman grrrrrrrr

Reactions: 6 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Know the feeling Gezzabell, seriously though give lidl high protein rolls a try, they are far lower in carbs than a baguette and probably won't spike you as very high in fibre so will take longer to digest.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.