Hgv renewals 12 mths comes around very quick

denbo

Doesn't seem two min since last yr gettin my hgv through again after 12mths ov renewin it and it's here again and this time the GP fee is £100 I think it's shud start bein every two yrs at least so I'll c how long it is b4 the DVLA send it bk this time took 7 mths last time

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hopefully you don't have to wait as long this time around, were you still able to drive in the 7 month wait?

Reactions: 2 people

denbo

No because they told me to send my licence bk as they wanted me to av a echocardigram before they renewed it so I stated the procedure in sept and it was April last ye b4 I got it bk because you a to go Nd c their independant consultant check your meter readings it's such a drawn out process

denbo

Well sent me licence off today recorded delivery probably won't reach the depart it shud go to for a couple weeks wanted another photo cus I've turned 60 must want c if I've got another wrinkle medical was dun yesterday all info sent bet it's goin b another drawn out episode as I've seen my consultant last mth so really they shud send him the paper work fill out instead me Avin to chase up and go c him agen it's as if they don't believe wot anyone says well I say all us renewin our hgv licences shud av a independant consultant ov theirs who I av to c anyway when they chech ya readings that's a way forward I say makes sence

denbo

Hey up we r off agen just rang DVLA my hgv licence expires April 26 2015 got all my firms I sent bk but goin take 6/8 jyst for the medical board look at it I sed I've just got a job how am I goin go in do sendin a form out for my go to fill in and send it bk to them so that I can drive and god knows when it will b for me too c their independant consultant why isn't nowt straight forward with em it's every time b glad when I can retire can't cum quick enough

denbo

Best ov it they can trust ya doc to say yr ok druving but can't trust ya doc or ya own consultant to read yr meter dint make sence the DVLA want really sortin out

denbo

Well iv ad my second lot ov paper work go fill in from the DVLA today I'll send it back mon then will av to wait to c when I've got c their independant consultant to read my meter me licence expires sun but at least they av sent me paper work permitting me to carry on diving

denbo

Filling in the forms from DVLA very repetitive askin same things over and over agen eg name ov yr consultant already av it on one firm but want ya write it agen I another form grrr

denbo

I cannot believe it I've got to go and see my gp and he as got to check my contour meter ov my readings things must ov changed in the past 12 mths no travelling it's just down the road

denbo

Ad a letter today off the DVLA sayin my licence as been revoked and got a letter in the post to go and c tneir independant consultant rang and asked why tney av revoked my licence so rang DVLA sed it ad bern goin in too long that's not my fault I sed think they make their own rules up goin give the minister ov transport a letter or drop Oliver Morley a email

denbo

Also why send me paper work sayin if can drive for the last few weeks now I can't and they av no medical reason for me not too as my bs r good and I test 5/6 times a day they also sed we don't trust yr gp so why send them forms out fill in in the first place if ghe don't trust em waste space DVLA ding know the right from their left me last licence came through in 7 mths so why the av sed it's took too long god only knows the don't wot on earth they r doin

denbo

Well I've got a appointment with the DVLA independant constant 6th July macclesfield 3rd and last stage

denbo

On my letter I av received from the DVLA to make an appointment to go c there independant consultant it say a reports from yr GP is not acceptable so why send ya to them and for them go check yr meter wot waste time and money u might aswell just go to c their indepandant consultant job dun then it Wudnt take this long to renew the licence as it's costing me financially yet again

denbo

After seeing the DVLA independant consultant 6th July 2015 ad my licence back within two weeks this as got go b a record as I emailed Oliver Morley to tell him last yr it em took 7 weeks to cum bk so wether he looked at things I've no idea but it worked as I sed whilst I'm waitin for them to decide I cannot apply for any jobs as I knew I'd passed all 3 stages as I av good control over my diabetes and all the medicals ad been passed so I'm a happy chappy same again nxt yr which soon comes round