Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There
Awesome, thank you brettsza, I just purchesed the items, incredibly cheap, I paid £25 for the whole kit plus 100 strips, and NO VAT! This is great, as I paid for my Accu Aviva strips £20/50 strips, not forgetting that I have a good chemist who sold them cheap compared to Boots' £29:-O
I paid 50p extra for First Class Mail, so it should hopefully arrive within a couple of days:) Yay!
Thanks again, so much:)
There customer service is very good too, you wouldn't normally need it but if you do they are very efficient. Only needed it once and they were fantastic.

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
72 mg/dl or 4.0 mmoles/l . Ketones 3.6 mmoles/l.

Late posting because pressed a wrong button on the computer and had to wait for my better half to awaken. She is the computer expert in the family, my abilities approach zero. On the other hand, she devours bread and pasta ,so things even out.
Hope she doesn't leave crumbs on the keyboard.

Ketones rising -are you on a new regime?

Reactions: 10 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all:)
8.1 for me today:oops::eek:
Put it down to oversleeping , then a mad dash to catch the dustmen ..... oh well ..... tomorrow is another day!
Have a fabby day, where ever you are:D:p:D

Reactions: 22 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 6.1 fasting reading this morning after a 5.7 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 20 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning to one and all, a nice bright start to the day in Exeter, Fasting result was a steady 5.6 at 07:20am

Reactions: 21 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.4 again for me on this fine, sunny West Yorks morning :)

Reactions: 20 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning it was low enough to be in the "non-diabetic" range (albeit the highest value, but still, better than in weeks) - 5.5 mmol/L. The secret seems to be in eating a very small dinner (50 g raw macadamias, almonds and Brazil nuts), before 6pm!

Reactions: 24 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning it was low enough to be in the "non-diabetic" range (albeit the highest value, but still, better than in weeks) - 5.5 mmol/L. The secret seems to be in eating a very small dinner (50 g raw macadamias, almonds and Brazil nuts), before 6pm!
that is a very small dinner... and pretty early.... yikes! :)

Reactions: 8 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Apologises for my recent absence, I have been a bit like s bear but hibernating in my Casa in Spain.

Delighted to have brought the back with me.

5.4 this morning totally normal range for me, enjoy everyone speak later.

Reactions: 24 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5-4 this sunny morn

Reactions: 23 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Thats about what I do for the evening meal ie its in the afternoon 42 grams nuts, 25 grams brie and maybe 100 grams celery or lettuce. Thats it till the morning around 05.00 and I am ready to eat again.

Reactions: 14 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hope she doesn't leave crumbs on the keyboard.

Ketones rising -are you on a new regime?

Goodness no, my keyboard is a bit dusty , hers is of course ALWAYS clean.
Beginning new regime, but today ate out. I have started cutting back a bit on proteins, so thats perhaps what you are seeing. I think that I am pretty sensitive to the amount of protein I eat ie gluconeogenesis. I shall also cut carbohydrates back a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats about what I do for the evening meal ie its in the afternoon 42 grams nuts, 25 grams brie and maybe 100 grams celery or lettuce. Thats it till the morning around 05.00 and I am ready to eat again.
I'm very impressed, as it was quite a one-off for me!

Reactions: 12 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late as usual, left early for special training today:-/
-FBG 6.1
-1 hour after breakfast 5.7
-2 hours after 5.3
-3 hours 5.6
Had only one slice GF bread -11gr carbs- with butter, mozzarella, italian cold meats, boiled egg, coffee ff milk, xylitol.
Again, RH swing started, but no fuel, so faded out.
Lots of quite demanding physical activities today, so hope to stay ok.

Reactions: 15 people

Merrylizard1314

Yes, that works for me, too - but I try for low carb normal, around 4-4.30pm, several times a week, with water to drink. That way, I'm sure of maintaining nutrient levels
Well done in getting further towards your goal!

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.