post lunch reading

Tracey 68

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi my daughter tested 2hours after eating a sandwich at lunch and was 12.6 is this normal or a bit high please could anyone give me an idea as no info from gp yet

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Any more information?

How old is daughter?

Is she diabetic? Or are you thinking she is?

Is she on insulin?

Etc....

Tracey 68

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi they are not sure hba1c 50 her fasting levels 5to8 but after a sandwich today 12.6 after two hours she had a gad and c peptide blood test but are waiting for results not sure what these tests are though

Tracey 68

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi they are not sure hba1c 50 her fasting levels 5to8 but after a sandwich today 12.6 after two hours she had a gad and c peptide blood test but are waiting for results not sure what these tests are though
She is 16 years old

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it is a little bit high but it would most probably be due to the fact that she ate bread but try not to worry as it isn't sky high. The best thing to do while you are waiting for her results would be to try and reduce carbs and sugar as this is the easiest way to try and bring down BS. Please keep us informed and if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask, there are many helpful people here.

Tracey 68

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes it is a little bit high but it would most probably be due to the fact that she ate bread but try not to worry as it isn't sky high. The best thing to do while you are waiting for her results would be to try and reduce carbs and sugar as this is the easiest way to try and bring down BS. Please keep us informed and if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask, there are many helpful people here.
Thank you for the reply will keep you informed of how things go

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Breads are almost completely carbohydrates that break down into glucose in the body.
Some breads are worse than others as they often contain quite large ammouts of sugars, supermarket in store baked white bread such as Bloomers are probably the biggest offender.

Tracey 68

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi an update on my daughter, she saw doc at hospital on Tues herblood test results that Were done 2weeks ago got lost in system so had to have them repeated doc has put her on Levamir 13units at night her post meal are still 9-11 so think she may be put on short acting insulin also but they are still not sure what type of diabetes she has,so still none the wiser

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
At 16 is your daughter over weight for them to consider type 2?

Have they actually done a cPeptide and GAD test? Is this on missing test results?

Tracey 68

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi no not overweight and yes they were on the missing results post breakfast this morning 11.8