Ambulance today! :(

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was at work and had lunch. It was brown bread with lettuce and cheese, I eat it a lot. But today I felt really ill, I was shaking and my head was fuzzy, I felt like I did when I was first diagnosed. I was taken to the first aid room and after about 20 minutes I felt a lot better. Paramedics came, checked my BS and it was 9. I was taken into the ambulance and taken to hospital, I had a full EKG and after about an hour the doc saw me and said that my BS was a little high but nothing to worry about. He said that my BS could have spiked high and then returned back down by the time the Paramedics came. He then said that he wanted to keep me in for obs. I declined and said I would visit my own doc. That's for tomorrow.

Something about today has really upset me. I don't know what to do, Any advice? my BS wasn't that high when tested usually my metformin and linagliptin work amazingly well.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Everycloud, so sorry to hear of your experience today. Could it of been the heat possibly as your BS wasn't that high when tested ? I hope you are feeling better now and you get a good nights sleep. I felt unwell last night straight after dinner and my BS reading before was high, I was annoyed and upset, but my usual Levemir and a correction brought it down to 5.3 this morning. I hope you have a better day tomorrow

Take care and best wishes RRB

Reactions: 2 people

Moosepig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, people who think they know everything!
I was going to suggest the weather as being the cause. Last week I felt rough for a couple of days and talking to one of the DNs, she said that when its hot, we diabetics have to drink more as we are more susceptible to dehydration. This is my first summer as a type 2 so all this is new to me... Hope you feel better now

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, I just feel 'odd' I can't put my finger on it. I am thinking about asking the doc about insulin. It is extremely warm, in fact the first aider suggested a fan. My HBA1C at last test was 7 I was hoping it would be lower. I am sitting here and I am afraid to eat.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks, I just feel 'odd' I can't put my finger on it. I am thinking about asking the doc about insulin. It is extremely warm, in fact the first aider suggested a fan. My HBA1C at last test was 7 I was hoping it would be lower. I am sitting here and I am afraid to eat.

Just try to take it easy tonight and eat something light, I didn't have a dinner tonight just a snack, so it could be the weather. Maybe someone else with type 1.5 will be along to help.

All the best RRB

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Did you have enough water today?
The warm weather can do that to you!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Did they do a blood pressure reading.?

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, when I first went in it was a little high roughly 150/90 , but then when I left it was normal. 130/80

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I actually can't wait to see the doc, I am getting weird tingles all over now... LOL, I am falling apart.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have the actual opposite day to yourself, I think the good weather brings out the best in me. Been up since before six, hard days work, came home, shopped, cooked, looked after the wife's stuff and done other chores. Short walk with dog, spent time on here and still don't feel tired! Feeling really good!
Hope things work out for you!

Reactions: 3 people

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I am just waiting on the nurse calling me back. I will let you guys know how I get on.

Reactions: 6 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may need some extra salt. Take half a teaspoon in a small glass of water.

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been to the doc, I have been told it actually has been a Hypo. The doc states that because of the heat and the meds I am on it could have been a hypo, But after lunch it has corrected itself. Weird. I have been given an advice book on hypos and also been prescribed A BG monitor! On repeat prescription!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You're weird!

No, I'm the one who's weird!!

Would like to see your readings from that!

Not convinced, really, yes you had some symptoms but your reading of 9 in the hospital is high. Did you have something to eat or drink before that reading and feeling ill?

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought it odd too, but I have a meter now, so I will test before and after lunch today and see how I get on, yes, it was after I had eaten a sandwich, cheese ploughman's on brown bread, I blame the pickle.

worrywart

Hi EveryCloud,

I feel for what youve been through lately and coincidentally a similar thing has happened to me over the same period. Take a look at my thread here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/lada-diagnosis-3yrs-ago-no-insulin.77108/ start at post #18.

How are your blood sugars doing now? I seem to have got over the blip and if you read my posts you'll see how.

Im still a bag of nerves but i'll help you if i can

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
What a load of tosh, how can somebody just say it is a hypo after the event with no evidence whatsoever? I would not want that on my records that's for sure!! Unlikely to be a hypo based on that lunch and your meds and your reading when they arrived. Just keep some decent food records and readings so you can see what's what in the coming weeks and that will really help you establish what is happening. Test before you eat and 2 hours after btw.

Ali