Breast biopsy for microcalcifications tomorrow ...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ooh yes I bet you are....

It shouldn't take long normally. I can't remember how soon I got results.

I was a rarity and it took 5 persons underneath me to get the samples!! Normally its ok. I was just an odd person and they called others in for training. For some reason the smaller you are the harder it is??? At least that was there excuse to me.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ooh yes I bet you are....

It shouldn't take long normally. I can't remember how soon I got results.

I was a rarity and it took 5 persons underneath me to get the samples!! Normally its ok. I was just an odd person and they called others in for training. For some reason the smaller you are the harder it is??? At least that was there excuse to me.
This will be the second attempt. They tried for an hour last Wednesday to get me into the correct position on the mammogram machine then had to give up. I have no idea what they intend to do differently tomorrow.

I get the results in a week. The waiting is just horrible.

Been a difficult twelve months - two knee replacements, prediabetes and now this.

Size might well have something to do with it as I am 4ft 11 ins and weigh 7st 13lbs. Also the position of the calcifications which are near my armpit.

Thanks for replying.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Gosh, I got man handled through the mammogram ok but the biopsy bit (I am small, need chicken fillets to stuff a bra) and it took hours for the actual biopsy.

Not a comfortable time as you have your face pointing down ward and boob through a hole and them (in my case) getting biopsys from front muscle and under armpit like you too.

I know the day I got it done was around the time of moving from Wales and I had loads of male friends around my house when I got home. My best male friend just gave me a huge, huge hug and told me it would be ok. And it was, although I am recalled sooner than others.

I hope that you will be the same too. It sounds as if you have had a horrendous time recently.

Take deep breaths and try to be calm and positive. In 24 hours it will be done....

Not nice but it us a necessity.
Good luck for tomorrow.
(Ps wish I could say its easy but it's best I think to be honest).... Itherwise if you have the same experience as I then you would feel as if you didn't cope well)...

Good luck for tomorrow.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank God. All clear.

I can breathe again.

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Brilliant news Lynn. Hope they man handled rather than men handled.

Reactions: 2 people