Not really a recipe but so tasty:)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just found a nice ripe Avocado ...not very keen on them but trying to get them into my diet. Anyway....I scooped it out and mashed it up...added a tin of tuna to it with a little salt and white pepper ....mixed it all up and made some patties out of it. Put a tiny bit of butter in a pan and fried them a few minutes on quite a high heat until crispy and browned.....had them with a salad and have to say it was quite a tasty treat :) It managed to make something I don't like into something quite tasty :) Simple and reasonably healthy :)

Reactions: 25 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just found a nice ripe Avocado ...not very keen on them but trying to get them into my diet. Anyway....I scooped it out and mashed it up...added a tin of tuna to it with a little salt and white pepper ....mixed it all up and made some patties out of it. Put a tiny bit of butter in a pan and fried them a few minutes on quite a high heat until crispy and browned.....had them with a salad and have to say it was quite a tasty treat :) It managed to make something I don't like into something quite tasty :) Simple and reasonably healthy :)
sounds lovely. I have all the ingredients so Its my dinner tomorrow! Thanks :)

Reactions: 6 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ive just eaten them and they were delicious. I added some onion, garlic and one egg. So yummy. Thank you for the recipe

Reactions: 3 people

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you gezzabelle- I don't like the taste either, but would like to find a way to eat them. Will try your recipe.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you gezzabelle- I don't like the taste either, but would like to find a way to eat them. Will try your recipe.
I detest them but have found frying them lightly in butter is quite yummy and also mixing with tuna or salmon and eating either as it is or making into the patties and frying them is yummy too...you can add anything you like ewelina did....it's a work in progress and any new ideas would be appreciated :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I thought I detested them but I don't!! Your recipe will be kept for me to try later this week!!

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I adore avocados, but I am always looking for new ways to eat them.

Your patties sound like a wonderful idea. I am going to give it a try.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I adore avocados, but I am always looking for new ways to eat them.

Your patties sound like a wonderful idea. I am going to give it a try.
I did them yesterday with onion added and then rolled them in ground almonds.....fried them in butter till they were brown and crispy on the outside and they were delicious both hot and cold

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

I am not a great lover of avocado, but your recipe concoction sounds quite nice and I love tuna :hungry:

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I did them yesterday with onion added and then rolled them in ground almonds.....fried them in butter till they were brown and crispy on the outside and they were delicious both hot and cold
My mouth is watering, sounds like a perfect way to get the dreded avocado into my diet.thank you Gezzabelle.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not a great lover of avocado, but your recipe concoction sounds quite nice and I love tuna :hungry:
I hate avocado and that is the reason I started throwing them in the frying pan in various ways...if I have bacon or sausages I pop some slices in the same butter theyre frying in and it takes on some of the flavour and crisps up a little so is nice and the salmon and tuna added ones are definately very tasty....you can add anything you want to it which makes it both tasty and versatile and the best part is it disguises the not so yummy avocado taste/texture ;)...coating them in crushed almonds is a breadcrumb substitute that works well and tastes yummy

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Salmon, avocado burgers with a little added ground almond....fried in butter. (mashed avocado and mixed in tinned salmon, ground almond to bind it a little, seasoning and put in fridge to chill before making into burger shape and frying in butter ) Delicious :)
11714426_487216554812645_1019853384_n.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a great idea. Did similar last night with a tin of salmon and an avocado. Added some chopped spring onions, red chilli and lime (zest and a bit of juice). Needed to play a bit with the almond flour due to lime juice but got there in the end.
Might try home made panko next time using the inside of a lidl bread roll.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a great idea. Did similar last night with a tin of salmon and an avocado. Added some chopped spring onions, red chilli and lime (zest and a bit of juice). Needed to play a bit with the almond flour due to lime juice but got there in the end.
Might try home made panko next time using the inside of a lidl bread roll.
Glad you enjoyed....and you must be a mind reader as I have already tagged a bread roll to be made into low carb breadcrumbs ;) Not sure what panko is so am off to google it haha....oops its breadcrumbs :rolleyes::D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Salmon, avocado burgers with a little added ground almond....fried in butter. (mashed avocado and mixed in tinned salmon, ground almond to bind it a little, seasoning and put in fridge to chill before making into burger shape and frying in butter ) Delicious :)View attachment 13838

Going to make them now, using the tuna, so I will give my verdict later :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
1435925173178.jpg
I made two tuna and avocado burgers and they were delicious. My teen tried a piece and she liked it and said I could put a few slices of spring onion in them. A big thumbs up from me, so delicious:) :hungry:
Thank you for the 'recipe' :happy:

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 13885
I made two tuna and avocado burgers and they were delicious. My teen tried a piece and she liked it and said I could put a few slices of spring onion in them. A big thumbs up from me, so delicious:) :hungry:
Thank you for the 'recipe' :happy:
Oooo they look so yummy :)....simple idea that just works ...glad you liked it. It's something you can add what you like to....a work in progress :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like tinned tuna but will try it with salmon, thanks! I've only ever had avocado straight from the skin with a salad, never cooked with them, but I like them so that's a good start ;)

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
sounds delish, having for lunch tomorrow, thanks:D