Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to put fans out! I did yesterday in all bedrooms, and had a good rest, kids & all:-D
I had a huge fan on full blast but it couldn't cool the room down. If it's as hot tonight I am sleeping downstairs where it's hopefully cooler

Reactions: 9 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a huge fan on full blast but it couldn't cool the room down. If it's as hot tonight I am sleeping downstairs where it's hopefully cooler
I know what you mean...
Our bedroom is downstairs, but still need fan, and kids have in each room. Stay cool:)

Reactions: 5 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprisingly low 5.6 on my late morning. Must be due to the alcohol effect, as I had a lovely, strong (and sweet!) espresso martini about an hour before going to sleep, and it made my b4/b reading 8.2 :eek: !

Reactions: 28 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A shocking 6.4 after no sleep due to the heat. Am hoping that it is because of that heat my BG is so high...had a couple of ridiculous highs yesterday too for no apparent reason.......only difference is the fact it was scorching hot all day yesterday and got no sleep at all cos of the build up of heat in my bedroom. Never had an FBG that high :( I appreciate it isn't ''that'' high but it is for me...I am usually high 4's to low 5's

Gezzabelle - I spend a lot of time in the heat, and found that if I allow myself to become dehydrated, in the least, my morning bloods would rise. Of course, the compromise of an intra-night loo trip is the pay-off, but it could be worthwhile having a decent long drink mid evening?

Reactions: 18 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Up to 5.7 for me today.

Very hot yesterday and I may have overdone the Stella cooling effort a little last night.....

Seems its going to be even hotter today...........

Reactions: 24 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.3 Fasting. In London again but escaping tonight. Locals a bit hot under the collar. Just the one smiler on last night's run.

Reactions: 27 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gezzabelle - I spend a lot of time in the heat, and found that if I allow myself to become dehydrated, in the least, my morning bloods would rise. Of course, the compromise of an intra-night loo trip is the pay-off, but it could be worthwhile having a decent long drink mid evening?
Thank you...I will bear that in mind and make sure I do just that :)

Reactions: 8 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone!
After a 6.0 at midnight (watered my plants:)) my FBG this lovely Brummy morning is 5.5;-)
Looks like the stir-fry curly kale with mutton stew, plus some blueberries with Turkish yogurt, were perfect to lower my levels, also reversing a morning dump.
Seems like I have to avoid even beans and pulses for supper in order to keep this.
Yummy mutton stew:-D
Update, and GOT MY NEW SD Codefree meter!
So, following a FBG of 5.5, I had a 15 grams carb, high protein breakfast. A milder swing started as I finished eating, but it lasted a few minutes and faded,
And according to results it seems like an associated memory feeling, rather than a proper RH swing. I hope to be able to control my carb intake in order to get rid of nasty lighthead and dizziness
- 1 hour 6.6
- 2 hour 5.8
- 3 hours 5.4 (SD) -- as I just received my new meter, I did a control test: 5.4 (Accu), 5.9 (GlucoRx)!!! It looks like the GRx is measuring on the high end?
- 4 hours 5.9
Had lunch of aprox 300 gr strawberry, 3 teaspoonfuls of FF Turkish yogurt sprinkled with 2 teaspoons of Lidl milled seed mix. Yum! Just curious how long it'll last, and what my bloods will be 2 hour later.;-)

Reactions: 15 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola @Pasha

Have you been telling porky pies to us all this time and are actually hiding out in good old London town.
20150701_153949.jpg

Reactions: 18 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update, and GOT MY NEW SD Codefree meter!
So, following a FBG of 5.5, I had a 15 grams carb, high protein breakfast. A milder swing started as I finished eating, but it lasted a few minutes and faded,
And according to results it seems like an associated memory feeling, rather than a proper RH swing. I hope to be able to control my carb intake in order to get rid of nasty lighthead and dizziness
- 1 hour 6.6
- 2 hour 5.8
- 3 hours 5.4 (SD) -- as I just received my new meter, I did a control test: 5.4 (Accu), 5.9 (GlucoRx)!!! It looks like the GRx is measuring on the high end?
- 4 hours 5.9
Had lunch of aprox 300 gr strawberry, 3 teaspoonfuls of FF Turkish yogurt sprinkled with 2 teaspoons of Lidl milled seed mix. Yum! Just curious how long it'll last, and what my bloods will be 2 hour later.;-)
So, surprise surprise!
After my rather puritan lunch, I felt excellent all along, nor RH swing, no dizzy, no headache, and after two hours, lo and behold 4.9 :-D
Tomorrow I'll try raspberries with yogurt and some milled seeds. But since I'm having a 13 hours shift I have to take along something more substantial as well;-)

Reactions: 19 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 5.7 fasting, 6.6. at 1 PM and 6.3 just recently.

I've tried to keep hydrated, and other than a couple of g of carbs in my breakfast omlette, the only other carbs I've had were in a salad for lunch, I guesstimate that at 15g, which is probably too much.

It must be the heat I guess.

Reactions: 25 people

Merrylizard1314

Hello there, all you hot people.
In the summer here, where it gets very hot for weeks on end, we often put extra fans out, and in front of them, we put large containers of ice. The air flowing across this is refreshing.
Also, keeping moistened face cloths in plastic bags in the freezer, for cooling wipes is good.
Keep drinking the water, much more than usual, everybody.

Reactions: 19 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6 this morning away at a conference so no control over what gets served up on plate, so being very selective re what I eat. Been absolutely sweltering today, thankfully now cooling off and sugars 6.2 thats after eating a small bread roll!!!

Reactions: 23 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Late late on parade....early morning trip to great tew with shooting party,no network no phone signal 3.6 Am fasting

Reactions: 25 people

Merrylizard1314

Thursday, 1st July, at 6.15 am 4.00 mmmol/L Just off on my morning peregrinations. Thick white mist. Hoping not to bump into a kangaroo on the hill! - 5 degrees this morning.

Keep well everyone
That should be 2nd July. Behind the times as usual!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 22 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
5.2 Wednesday morning. Keep cool & good health folks. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 24 people
Status
Not open for further replies.