Run out of supplies-panic

chloe1

Hi everyone

I have been really stupid. I usually order my cannulas through my hospital via email. I thought I had done this last week, and have just checked back as I haven't had a reply-I didn't send it.
I now only have one set left, which needs to be used tomorrow morning. Panicking, as it takes about 4 days to receive once ordered. What if something goes wrong, and I need to pull the set? Oh crikey why didn't I order sooner?

Anyone done this before?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi,

Why don't you give the hospital department head a call & explain what's happened. Ask if they would be willing to taxi supplies to you on this occasion. It's likely they'll agree. The hospital will have a contract with a local taxi firm & there wil probably be no charge to you. Alternatively, speak to your GP surgery or DNS & ask them to help you with a solution.

Hope all goes ok hun. X

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
ok -- first thing tomorrow morning could you ring your DSN as a try

also ring your GP as suggested above

worst case scenario -- you do have pen and cartridges to hand ??

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi everyone

I have been really stupid. I usually order my cannulas through my hospital via email. I thought I had done this last week, and have just checked back as I haven't had a reply-I didn't send it.
I now only have one set left, which needs to be used tomorrow morning. Panicking, as it takes about 4 days to receive once ordered. What if something goes wrong, and I need to pull the set? Oh crikey why didn't I order sooner?

Anyone done this before?

Firstly what pump are you on?

If it's accuchek ring and tell them what's happened they can do an emergency next day delivery as I had this happen a couple of weeks ago.
I'm sure all companies are the same

Alternatively ring your DSN and get them to help you out.

Otherwise you might have to resort to using a pen which you should have incase of emergency's

If your on the Insight I can gladly send you some cannulas I have spare I have
8mm with 40, 70, & 100
Cm tubing and 6mm cannulas
Just let me know

Reactions: 4 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
if you are in London and on insight I can give you few spare too

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi Chloe1 I don't know if you picked up mine an ewelina's posts just wondered how you got on ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@chloe1, just pop into the diabetes clinic (if possible) and they will give you the supplies you need, this would be the quickest solution.

Reactions: 4 people

chloe1

Ok now I'm embarrassed. I did actually send the email, the hospital just forgot to reply. So I received my supplies within a couple of days.
I have definitely learnt my lesson though, next time I'll be ordering before I start the last box.
Thanks for all your advice and kind replies though.
I will blame it on the hot weather making me flustered!

Reactions: 7 people