Just for a laugh.................. what be your pirate name ?

N

NicolaB70

My pirate name is:

Harriet "Fair Wind" Pigg
"The Drunkard of Bandana Anchorage!"

This pirate be loaded to the Gunwales on grog!

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My pirate name is:Theo "One-Eyed" Manhire"The Plague Bringer of Paradise Sea!" This pirate be consorting too much with the locals on the mainland!

O ... just 0 :pompous:

Some of these pirate names & descriptions generated are just dodgy.. Lol I'm starting to wonder if some sort of "polari" is being used...? o_O

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My pirate name is:Theo "One-Eyed" Manhire"The Plague Bringer of Paradise Sea!" This pirate be consorting too much with the locals on the mainland!

@Enclave , that is just AWESOME!

I tried it but mine was really BBBOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNGGGGG so I didn't even post it.

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I just wish to point out that i don't by any means blame Enclave.. :cool:

OK, I have looked at this one & find the undertone on the offensive side..
My reason. It's derogatory to gays. its subtle a slur..!
Theo "One-Eyed" Manhire" = The term without getting course my self in elaborating on the first point.. is wrong.

"The Plague Bringer of Paradise Sea!"= misguided assumption "one eyed man hire" is a HIV carrier.

"This pirate be consorting too much with the locals on the mainland!"= a misinformed reference to orientation inherent promiscuity of the aforementioned.

:(

I realize this is not the intention of contributors of this thread. Just a little concerned about what this "name generator" will throw up next...

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit (having learned about Enclave's interesting secondary occupation) that I went back to the name generator and tried again.

Several times.

But apparently I am still a boring person.

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just wish to point out that i don't by any means blame Enclave.. :cool:

OK, I have looked at this one & find the undertone on the offensive side..
My reason. It's derogatory to gays. its subtle a slur..!
Theo "One-Eyed" Manhire" = The term without getting course my self in elaborating on the first point.. is wrong.

"The Plague Bringer of Paradise Sea!"= misguided assumption "one eyed man hire" is a HIV carrier.

"This pirate be consorting too much with the locals on the mainland!"= a misinformed reference to orientation inherent promiscuity of the aforementioned.

:(

I realize this is not the intention of contributors of this thread. Just a little concerned about what this "name generator" will throw up next...
I don't know why I was given this name :( it's nothing like me :sorry:sorry if I have offended .. I only cut and pasted what it said :bag: having re read it .. It's not nice is it ... And I am nice ..honest :arghh:

Edit to add .. It is very offensive ..after reading it slowly ..I am going to delete it and never go there again ..sorry everyone !

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh nooooo @Enclave you have brightened up my day. A lot.

And it certainly wasn't YOU being offensive, just some bored, teenage random-name-generator programmer, way back when the thing was created.

I must be very childish, cos I think it is hilarious.

Reactions: 5 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know why I was given this name :( it's nothing like me :sorry:sorry if I have offended .. I only cut and pasted what it said :bag: having re read it .. It's not nice is it ... And I am nice ..honest :arghh:

Edit to add .. It is very offensive ..after reading it slowly ..I am going to delete it and never go there again ..sorry everyone !

Thanks for you understanding Enclave. :cool: There certainly wasn't any blame towards you.
I feel there maybe someone on that name generator site with poor judgement on humour..

You could try the Star Wars name link? I can't see much random harm happening from there.
Unless your unfortunate to get Han Solo. :banghead:

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for you understanding Enclave. :cool: There certainly wasn't any blame towards you.
I feel there maybe someone on that name generator site with poor judgement on humour..

You could try the Star Wars name link? I can't see much random harm happening from there.
Knowing me ..yes I will get hand ......... I cannot believe I Quickly read it ..without realising what it was saying !

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Just did the star wars name ...

My Star Wars name is:Tech Hyperblast
A Jedi Knight from Coular Peen Iv

Not a lot better really ..it's just me :bag:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Errol "Both Barrels" Keys

"Rage of the starfish inlet." :eek:

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

On another piratey note. Is it me mateys, or does these generators throw up some subtle double entendres..?

I couldn't resist posting this gem from the Victorian satirist song writing team Gilbert & Sullivan. :cool:

Saw the recent production by Mike Leigh - absolutely brilliant.

C

chris lowe

Avast there me 'earties I am
Carrie "Scurvy Sailor" Veal"
The Demon of Castaway Wash!"
This pirate be a prankster and a rogue – a bit of a devil you might say!

A pretty accurate description I'd say

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Johnny "Black Eyepatch" Fry

"The Cruel Hook of Spidermonkey Isle!"

This pirate be knowing what they want and taking no prisoners!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My pirate name is:
Wylie "One-Tooth" Inch "The Disgrace of Sugarcane Sands!"

This pirate be a lily-livered dog who refused to walk the plank and pushed the captain overboard instead!

K

Kat100

Jilly , both barrels quick

The treasure of turtle bay :jimlad:

This pirate be a priceless catch with a heart of gold and teeth to match :D