Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
These look very similar to the bergen type bread, freezes and defrosts ok don't fall apart,and up to now no adverse effect on my meter.
Once a week treat hoping I don't have to go down the road of making bread.
They do appear very similar ...only difference for me is Burgen bread sent my bg up quite a lot for just one slice whereas these rolls barely make any difference. I started with half a roll as they are quite big and then had a whole one and no adverse effects at all for me now. I have one pretty much every day for lunch with various fillings

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I do like these. My wife called into Lidl yesterday morning - they had run out. Later in the day we called in again and they had more in - result. We tend to share one at lunch times.

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I finally got some Hi-Lo bread from Sainsbury yesterday - this morning's bacon sarnie breakfast was divine! :D

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I finally got some last week when I went away for a few days in my campervan - I chose the area cos they had a Lidl! Really nice, hope I can get some more, and my cheese on toast (roll) was gorgeous!
That is so wrong in a right way! Have converted immediate and extended family to these rolls of un-naughtiness.

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to the extent of calling lidl and asking them where are the rolls available, i gave them the store i usually go to and told them I checked 2 stores nearby and none of them seem to have them, there answer was they are temporarily out of stock and should be back soon but that still did not answer my original question.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a low gi bread as well in lidl that I have seen, where can I find the nutritional info on that one please, I have had a slice or two of it and seen my levels have behaved after that. But i really dont know the carb content.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to the extent of calling lidl and asking them where are the rolls available, i gave them the store i usually go to and told them I checked 2 stores nearby and none of them seem to have them, there answer was they are temporarily out of stock and should be back soon but that still did not answer my original question.
Makes no sense when they are fresh baked daily. Lidl really need to get their act together on these rolls as they are so popular with everyone that tries them. My freezer is full of them....and they even keep them for me on a named day to make sure I can always get them. Hope you manage to find some soon

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a low gi bread as well in lidl that I have seen, where can I find the nutritional info on that one please, I have had a slice or two of it and seen my levels have behaved after that. But i really dont know the carb content.
I have searched for this info and can't find it....MFP says 20g of carbs per slice which doesn't sound right...another site says 0g per slice ...that doesn't sound right either :(

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have searched for this info and can't find it....MFP says 20g of carbs per slice which doesn't sound right...another site says 0g per slice ...that doesn't sound right either :(
I dont find mfp very reliable but it does give a headsup.
I tried searching on lidl website but its not there.
I so wish it was 0 carbs :):p

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woohoo - on the last day of the Newcastle Diet :)

Just walked the 3 mile round trip to my local Lidl and bought some of these rolls in preparation for tomorrows breakfast :) Pleased to see they had plenty in stock.

I'm thinking toasted with butter and egg mayo. Can't wait :)

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Just walked the 3 mile round trip to my local Lidl and bought some of these rolls in preparation for tomorrows breakfast :) Pleased to see they had plenty in stock.

You should change your name to BOYSCOUT....talk about being prepared hahaha.....I hope you enjoy them Jim,,,,it's been a long wait for you. I can confirm egg mayo on them is divine...has to be my favourite filling :D...even better with a couple of strips of crispy bacon :D I have one every day for my lunch with various fillings ...today was cheese and tomato. A good one is avocado spread on to the roll with crispy bacon....**wipes drool off my chin **...darn it I want another one now ;) With the 3 mile walk they are a double whammy for you ...superb food and exercise too....it doesn't get much better than that :D

Last edited by a moderator:

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
PLEASE STOP talking about these rolls. My nearest Lidl is an hours drive away. If I drove there I bet there wouldn't be any left.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
PLEASE STOP talking about these rolls. My nearest Lidl is an hours drive away. If I drove there I bet there wouldn't be any left.
I would WALK there to try and get some....worth the drive....just saying ;)

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Welcome to the dark side Jim.

Fantastic comitment on your ND. Hats off to you sir!