Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you dear Pasha. I have been reading Grant Peterson's book, " Eat Bacon, Don't Jog" and although I am not a meat eater, I have found it very useful in keeping me straight. Also a really good explanation of fat-fasting, which sounds easy to do, and I might do it if I ever want to lose any more weight.
Your results, of course are stellar, and a shining example to us all!
Yep can say that the fat fast is a great tool to use in certain situations. Brings bloods down and ketones up as well. In fact may do one next week as an experiment. Anyone want to join in a 3 day fat fast?

Reactions: 8 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

5.9 fasting. OH and I were talking about how kebabs were served in different parts of the world and how we get a bit of a rough deal here at home.
OH, being half greek, loves the gyros. The best kebab I've ever had was in Israel. Agreed second was in Strasboug. Anyhow no point just talking about it so speed dialed our local Aspendos. In fact take away the bread and sauce with a shish, chicken or lamb, and you've got basically a healthy meal.

Anyhow we didn't go for the healthy option. Looking back I should have tested my bloods beforehand but the wine told me to test both ours after (OH non diabetic).

6.0 for me and 6.1 for OH. Obviously in the name of scientific research this experiment will have to be repeated with a pre test.

Or to cut a long story short. 5.9 fasting after a kebab last night!

Reactions: 25 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.1 this morn after 7 hours in A&E Bloody head aches and neck pains.

Reactions: 19 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
OM this sounds so grueling.... 7 hours... come away with anything?
Hi hankjam only that i have sinus trouble on the left side that was from the ct scan and one of the agents that help clot the blood is very low as to every thing else not a bloody clue

Reactions: 7 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi hankjam only that i have sinus trouble on the left side that was from the ct scan and one of the agents that help clot the blood is very low as to every thing else not a bloody clue
Hope you get better soon! Keep hydrated and take any pain-killers they give you (well, I would!)

Reactions: 8 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A much better 6.2 this am and 30 mins after my meds were due so pleased with that. Greek yog and strawberries for brekkie

Reactions: 20 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep I have bottle of water by my bed and fan on. I love the picture Alisonjane, its typical of me. Night all

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
BG before getting into bed is up to 8.1 Aaaargh! Got a horrible headache because of it. My own fault too. Having a Magnum ice-cream wasn't a wise choice. Hopefully the morning will bring better numbers. Good health everyone.
View attachment 13887

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people

Merrylizard1314

Saturday 4th July ( a significant day for some ). 4.1 mmmol/L.
And yes, a slight foot fracture, dealt with, much more comfortable now, and able to get about, though no Parkrun today.
Thanks for all the good wishes, I felt very warm, kindly emanations, which helped enormously.
Hobbling, rather than hopping now ( better for the soup )

Reactions: 28 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
,74 mg/dl or 4.11 mmoles/l almost a spike compared to the last few days.

Nice to hear your good news Merrlizard. Seems that we were hobbling form different ends of our bodies yesterday !!!

Reactions: 26 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning folks. After a high last night, I'm happy with my 5.0 right now. Good health everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 25 people
Status
Not open for further replies.