Hi everybody.

nualasdad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks, I joined a while ago but thought I would wait until I was one year diagnosed before posting.

I have type 2 diabetes. On diagnosis my hbac1 was 56. Six months later it was down to 46, and now at my annual review it is back up to 54.

I have made every effort with exercise but would give myself 3 out of 10 for effort with diet.

My diabetes nurse has suggested I go on Metformin at 500 mg per day. Which I understand is a low dose.

They are going to review again in 3 months.

Anyway, it is all about personal responsibility and I am going to try much harder to eat the right foods. I have been going to the gym regularly, but it seems fitness without eating properly doesn't get blood sugar results.

All the best folks!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best to you too. You know what to do, so get started with the new diet. And get a meter if you haven't already, so you know what's safe for you.
If you have particular issues such as weight to lose let us know so we can help.

Atalay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish the best for you on this lifetime journey. T2 is reversable if cared enough on diet. I hope you turn your way around to the healthiest lifestyle.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is achievable and you haveblearnt a valuable lesson about how important the right food choices are. If it was all about exercise I wouldnt even be a diabetic. Dont be too hard on yourself though there are a lot of learning curves when it comes to diabetes. Maybe it would best to start by cutting down on the obvious carbs and sugars and go from there. It might be worth looking into LCHF as it is a great way to eat and it will bring your BS down.