Another review, another set of results

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just had my 6th month review and come away doing a bit of a happy dance even though the BS had gone up a bit.

HBA1C up to 44 from 42. I know I haven't been watching quite as closely as I use to so pleased with this even though it has gone up a bit. It means that the change in lifestyle is holding without the constant monitoring. I still check every so often, particularly if I have had something I feel I shouldn't have, partly to prove the point in numbers. (We were out the other day and my sister convinced me to have a piece of chocolate brownie, it was about twice the size I wanted, checked afterwards and peaked at 10.8, so could have been worse, would have been better with a small piece or none at all.)

The doctor however was pleased with the result and has reduced the Metformin from 3 a day to 2 a day.

The surprise came with the cholesterol. Before I went on statins I was in the mid to high 7s, on statins it has been consistently in the high 5s, which we had accepted was as good as it would get. Todays reading, 4.8 (I never get a break down just the single figure). Last January was still in the high 5s, my weight seems to have plateaued since Christmas and I have been eating full fat for the last 16 -18 months, so I am a bit of a loss to explain it. My weight is lower than it has been for far too many years so it might be that my body is just settling into this and sorting its self out. I wait and see what it is next time.

Reactions: 4 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Well done! Keep up the good work @Ruth B