Raspberry Ketone Diet

peterj7

hi all

can anyone tell me if it`s safe to use the ,(Raspberry Ketone Diet ) and has anyone tried it yet,

thanks pete

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take a small punnet of raspberries each morning and combine with cinnamon and flaxseed with either soya yoghurt or porridge.
Brilliant fruit and good for you in so many ways.
I could go on but do google for a full list of benefits.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I remembered the name of this supplement because of a thread about it on another diabetes forum a while ago. (google diabetes raspberry ketone warning), A regular poster reported that his wife suffered extreme feelings of jitteriness and anxiety when she took the supplement. There are quite a few comments from people who have used the supplement, not many positively and some said that glucose and or BP was raised. ( strangely most of these posts about experience seem to come from one time only posters, not sure what to make of that)

The supplement has not undergone the safety trials or any trials that show it to work in humans.

Raspberry ketone became popular for weight loss after it was mentioned on the Dr. Oz television show during the segment called “Raspberry ketone: Miracle fat-burner in a bottle” in February 2012. Even though it is touted as a “miracle” for weight loss, there is no reliable scientific evidence that it works for improving weight loss.

How does it work?

Raspberry ketone is a chemical from red raspberries that is thought to help for weight loss. Some research in animals or in test tubes shows that it might increase some measures of metabolism. It might also affect a hormone in the body called adiponectin. However, it is important to keep in mind that there is no reliable scientific evidence that it improves weight loss when taken by people.

Side Effects & Safety

There isn’t enough information available to know if raspberry ketone is safe to take as a supplement. Raspberry ketone has never been scientifically studied in humans to determine if it causes side effects. However, there are some concerns about the safety of raspberry ketone because it is chemically related to a stimulant called synephrine. Therefore, it is possible that raspberry ketone might cause feelings of jitteriness, increase blood pressure, or rapid heart beat. In one report, someone who took raspberry ketone described feelings of being shaky and a pounding heart beat (palpitations
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... entId=1262

Reactions: 2 people

mrs love

i saw an ad for these and tried to see if the diabetes was affected by them as ketones for us diabetics aint good!!
It just adviced to go see your gp before taking them!! Thats a help NOT

walterrichmand

Raspberry ketone diet refers to a diet prepared from raspberry ketone which is a natural compound found in red raspberry. It help one deal with basically all the challenges that usually slow the weight loss process which include the hardship of managing cravings, boosting up your low metabolism and burning up more fat in your body.

kocall

hi i tried rassberry ketone and after reanding so many good results about them i had to have a go sorry to tell you but the only thing that ended up any lighter was my purse lol
i even made my partner who doesn't have diabetes and perfect body weight try them after 2 weeks she gained 2lb x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Timnut1

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried the raspberry ketone diet. I didn't get any side effects. I had a bit of dry mouth though. I drank plenty of water and lost quithe a bit of weight. I found it on amazon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please don't even go near this. People who are diabetic should not be doing this. If you do please go to your gp and tell them you intend to do the ketone diet. So they can keep an eye on you.
Please be carefull i did this and suffered alot :(

angelus041174

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My wife and I are thinking of starting Rashberry Keystones and Green Tea extract. This will be in the new yr. we need to know if I can take them as I have a great deal.of trouble loosing weight.

I need some proper help with this.

Thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My wife and I are thinking of starting Rashberry Keystones and Green Tea extract. This will be in the new yr. we need to know if I can take them as I have a great deal.of trouble loosing weight.

I need some proper help with this.

Thanks

The origin of this thread was 3 years ago. there have been a number of scams involving raspberry ketones. Have a read up on the Low Carb diet thread in these forums to help with both weight loss and blood sugar control rather than wasting money on supplements.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbr10

angelus041174

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The origin of this thread was 3 years ago. there have been a number of scams involving raspberry ketones. Have a read up on the Low Carb diet thread in these forums to help with both weight loss and blood sugar control rather than wasting money of supplements.

Cheers mate. no I haven't we want to try the key tones 1st

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Your choice of course.. but usually if something sounds too good to be true....
LCHF works as a lot of us can testify.. I'm nearly 7 stone down on it.
I agree, as in my signature, my biggest loss over the shortest time frame was LCHF. I would suggest I am a stereotypical T2 in terms of response. My combination of raspberries, strawberries, blue berries, black berries, with several nuts, flax seeds with either full fat yoghurt or 35 grams of water cooked oats (if you can tolerate) keeps me full for between 6 and 7 hours (including a HiiT workout), and keeps a consistent weight.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your best bet for weight loss, dietary ketosis. You'll only get there via LCHF. If you don't get into dietary ketosis, you'll more than likely lose weight anyhow.

I don't fully understand the mechanics behind the whole "raspberry ketone" phenomenon. But I do know that a lot of companies have made a lot of money by making a lot of people out of pocket.