Nighttime hyperglycemia

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm newly diagnosed about a year ago. I'm type2 using 8 units of movomix30 injecting at lunch time. I have other chronic illness which prohibits me from exercise. I am on maintenance dose of 20mg steroids daily. I was ill and steroids were increased but now back on maintenance dose. My problem is feeling rotten basically and through my diabetic nurse insulin being reduced as have good readings.

Can anyone tell me how long does it before new insulin dose takes to react in body if such a thing
I try to keep bloods up at bout 10 at bed time as I feel really unwell in the morning if below 6. Shake and tremble etc?
How would I know if I was hyperglycemia during the night. I can understsnd hypo.but not the other? What symptoms would this show and how would I be aware

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Do you ever test yourself during the night?

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you ever test yourself during the night?
No I don't actually. But I will do. Latest is about midnight just before I go to expand they normally at 9 or roundabouts but not actually during the nigh

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I would advice a couple nights of testing at say about 3amish.. This will give an idea as to what is happening..

Some people drop around this time and levels come up from liver kicking in.

It also depends on last eating times etc you may find certain nights respond differently. Ie if I'm working my nights are far different than on non working days.

Testing a few nights is the only way to find out whats happening.

Reactions: 3 people