Diabetes support group? What do you guys think?

Would you come (provisional)

• Yep

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Not interested

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes but out of reach :(

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello, I have recently got an idea to start a support group/social based around Manchester, I wanted it to be a little bit different to the diabetes UK one as I want it to be a meet and greet platform where people share their experiences, anxieties and speak about issues like Diabulimia and comorbid depression and anxiety,

What do you think of this? I want to know whether you think people will be interested?
If anybody is interested just let me know as I will need help starting up:cat:

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, that sounds like a good idea, but it's too far away for me and I was actually born in Manchester :)

Good luck RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I started taking control of my diabetes in January I did look around my local area for a support group but there are none. I don't suppose I'm the only one who would like to meet others in person so I would suggest starting your group and then advertising it, build it and they will come ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya I am Newcastle. And would love one up here. Can be complications setting one up but I do think it's worth it. Rowan in another thread suggested there be a thread section on this which I love my one know how it might be approached?

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think any open meeting would have to be in a public place for obvious reasons, and maybe a closed forum on her that only members can see?

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yes I agree, a lot of churches and libraries are good places to start :)
I would encourage people from all areas to start their own thing if there is nothing in place

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds like a great idea to be able to meet up and talk openly and informaly. I hope you manage to get it off the ground and it all goes well

Reactions: 3 people

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
No but you could post for some help from some people from Newcastle, like I have done, reach out for some help as I inagine it would take some combined effort, organise a date and a public space- to keep it safe and meet however often you want to share experiences :)
Good luck ☺️