What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yog, rasps, walnuts and almonds and some cheese...
L: (out) minestrone soup (1/2) haddock (breaded) and salad
D: Lamb, aubergines in tom sauce with cheese topping, avocado watercress rocket tom salad red wine and 1 choc

aubergines are just divine this way....

Reactions: 8 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: fry-up of bacon, egg, mushroom and kale

L: selection of cheeses and charcuterie (from Lidl!), tomato, cucumber, pepper

D: stir-fry of pork, leek, pepper, mushroom, rocket with Slim noodles; Greek yog with choc/banana protein powder (sweetened with Splenda) for dessert

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Frozen veg... Hubby messed up!!

jgordon5

I've been loving having a nutribullet so for breakfast a smoothie (bean sprouts, strawberries, half a banana, half an apple, celery, black kale, salad leaves, flax seeds, chis seeds, pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds, ginger, pure lemon juice, some avocado and filter water!)

Tastes delicious and keeps me going til lunch time. Lunch - potatoes, garlic, tofu and raw Savoy cabbage salad.

Dinner - raw carrot and tomato chilled soup, garlic, onion, cayenne. Toasted sourdough bread with yeast extract and peanut butter.

I'm a 65+ type 1 and I've found switching to a very green organic vegan diet has made such a wonderfully positive difference to my health and how I feel. Fantastic and delicious.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started shaking so ate a few peanuts. Tested BS and it was 3.6. Still had walking to do so ate 3 lollies, problem solved

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started shaking so ate a few peanuts. Tested BS and it was 3.6. Still had walking to do so ate 3 lollies, problem solved
I never been that low.
Could you give us a description of what you eat and when?

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It happens to me quite a bit and always has so it doesnt worry me at all. I know the signs and I usually get onto it pretty quick. My days are always the same, 2 eggs and cheese scrambled eggs with coffee and cream. Nuts or cheese if I get hungry during the day. Coffee and cream at lunch and meat and veges for dinner. I keep it pretty basic but I like what I eat.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream and full English. I ended up with 2 portions mushrooms, he took my hash browns, most of beans and the toast.
L: 2 squares 70% choc
D: homemade burger on Lidl hp roll with minted peas and green beans. Couldn't finish roll.

Masses of water. Far more than usual, and it made such a difference! Will try it again, today...

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 eggs scrambled, 3 rashers bacon, grilled tomato and grilled mushroom
L: Parma ham, Brie, cheddar, coleslaw and some rocket leafs
D: Blackened salmon with veggies stir fried in butter

Was looking at the HP rolls in Lidl yesterday but resisted temptation, my desire to eat bread appears to have gone completely which is great for a recovering Breadaholic

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so now I have to go and make a bacon bun with my last unfrozen Lidl HP roll.
Thank you VERY much!

:D

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast - not hungry
L: big green salad with mackerel fillets.
S: Sainsbury's 85% chocolate bar - £1.40 for 5 bars (20g each) - delicious!
D: cauliflower rice stir fry with garlic, sesame oil, ginger, egg, chicken, peanuts, peppers and mangetout.

Reactions: 7 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yog, rasps, walnuts and almonds and some cheese...
L: (out) minestrone soup (1/2) haddock (breaded) and salad
D: Lamb, aubergines in tom sauce with cheese topping, avocado watercress rocket tom salad red wine and 1 choc

aubergines are just divine this way....

This is really weird because all I could think about last night, whilst watching NCIS, was melanzane alla parmigiana so I am about to venture out to ADSA, in the pouring rain, to buy aubergines. That's dinner and tomorrow's breakfast sorted!

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch: 2 egg, bacon, mushroom & spinach fritatta, coffee & cream;
Snackette: at the cinema watching Minions with my 7 yr old son - took my own pork scratchings while he munched on Haribos;
Dinner: Rib-eye steak, pan-fried onions & mushrooms, side salad with mayo plus 5 chips, strawberries & double cream, coffee & cream later

Last edited by a moderator:

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was looking at the HP rolls in Lidl yesterday but resisted temptation, my desire to eat bread appears to have gone completely which is great for a recovering Breadaholic
I feel the same, especially as I still have a strong memory of heartburn and reflux that bread (rolls, buns, etc.) used to give me!

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter on 1 slice of Hovis wholemeal seed sensation bread toasted, half a red grapefruit.
L: Grilled plaice with butternut squash chips, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower and green beans.
S: Sainsbury's 85% chocolate 20g bar.
D: Melanzane alla parmigiana. The recipe said it served 6 - I've eaten half - oops!

It was the first time I've tried butternut squash chips and they were delicious (I sprinkled them with paprika) but I burnt them on 1 side so had to slice those bits off - does anyone have a successful recipe? I think I should have turned them or maybe the oven was too hot.

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream followed by an entire Lidl hp roll with bacon. Bliss.
L: not needed
D: chicken shashlik, saag paneer, salad and 2 squares 70%

Isn't it ironic, I used to loooove those wee After 8s served with the bill in a curry house.
Now, the same size square of 70% is nicer.

Reactions: 7 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Eggs fried in butter
L: Asparagus wrapped in streaky bacon roasted in olive oil, raspberries & cream
D: Lasagne without the pasta, green salad, cream cheese cloud (fat bomb) with jelly & cream

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to the inspiration of this forum I've had a great time in the last couple of days preparing "safe" food first for a barbecue and then all day at a country fair.
I got 4 big chicken joints from my friendly butcher for £5 (!) and some Black Farmer sausages and cooked them on the barbie (free heat!), ate some and took some of the rest to the fair. I brushed the chicken with a mix of olive oil, butter, lemon juice, s&p & tarragon.
I also made salad with veg from the allotment (lettuce, sorrel, rocket, chives, beetroot) and a coleslaw without carrot and put a dab of garlic paste in the Hellmans to make garlic mayo, yum.
Also I took a big flask of coffee with almond milk to each event (I am TT).
As a backup I took a hardboiled egg & cheese bread made from almond & flax flour with rosemary for extra flavour and a bit of xanthan gum to give it bounce.
All ideas freely given on this forum and gratefully received!

Reactions: 15 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream followed by an entire Lidl hp roll with bacon. Bliss.
L: not needed
D: chicken shashlik, saag paneer, salad and 2 squares 70%

Isn't it ironic, I used to loooove those wee After 8s served with the bill in a curry house.
Now, the same size square of 70% is nicer.
Yip, a whole bunch of new nice things are appearing as I change the habits of a life time.