Need helpful Type 1 friends, I have a serious problem.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys.
This is step one to a healthy body and mind so here goes nothing!
I have diabulimia.
I rarely, if ever, inject before eating. I eat alot, and anything I want. 0 consideration for my diabetes.
My drinks will be sugary and my food will be full of carbs. I'm usually 20 - 30 bm's and it doesn't affect me.
I've lost alot of weight from it, and here's my problem.

I desperately want to get my diabetes under control and looked after. I'm a normal weight now (was well over before) but i'm terrified of gaining a pound.
I find it hard to "eat healthy" but am going to give it my best shot.

I'm looking for someone to whatsapp/text/facebook to help motivate each other and keep on the right track.
Sorry to sound terrible! But this is my first step and I hope you guys are doing well too!

x

Reactions: 3 people

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm your woman, message me and check my profile for previous posts

Reactions: 2 people

Samsquamch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I totally understand what your feeling.

Had sugars like this for many years, from the age of around 12-20. a1cs in the teens..

I have only recently got my sugars under control, and this was shortly after I found out that I had Retinopathy in both eyes, slight Neuropathy and some kidney troubles.

How long have you been diagnosed for?

It can be awful, but trust me.. if you start injecting, start eating healthily and start excercising, get them sugars down.. you will feel absolutely unstoppable!

I used to feel extremely lathargic, agitated, quite ill to be honest, I went from being overweight to extremely underweight, I smoked, I drank, I did everything the doctors told me not too.

and now its kicking my ****, I don't want you to feel how I have been feeling these last few months, so I beg you to help yourself..

you can do whatever the **** you want, you have free will like every human being - I am not trying to scare you or anything, Feel free to message me if your worried :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hey guys.
This is step one to a healthy body and mind so here goes nothing!
I have diabulimia.
I rarely, if ever, inject before eating. I eat alot, and anything I want. 0 consideration for my diabetes.
My drinks will be sugary and my food will be full of carbs. I'm usually 20 - 30 bm's and it doesn't affect me.
I've lost alot of weight from it, and here's my problem.

I desperately want to get my diabetes under control and looked after. I'm a normal weight now (was well over before) but i'm terrified of gaining a pound.
I find it hard to "eat healthy" but am going to give it my best shot.

I'm looking for someone to whatsapp/text/facebook to help motivate each other and keep on the right track.
Sorry to sound terrible! But this is my first step and I hope you guys are doing well too!

x
Hi Holli, I can't offer any advice but this organisation might be able to help you out http://www.dwed.org.uk/ Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: 4 people

becky.ford93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Find me on fb if you need a chat, sometimes just being able to talk to someone about these things can help. The forum is great for that too :)