Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

princess69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Mine was 18 today. Went to urgent care as I have abscess at injection site. They gave me antibiotics but they didn't really say much about my sugar levels .

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My apologies to members who feel I have derailed the subject thread recently. I appreciate not everyone likes the cartoons & jokey pictures I sometimes add to my posts. No offence was meant at all and I have deleted or edited all of my posts.
BG fluctuating this morning. Can't think why. Currently heading upwards despite reasonable numbers after breakfast & mid-morning snacks. Guess I'll increase the fluids & hope that helps.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. X
@Alisonjane10 As everyone loves the pics why not start your very own Have a Smile On Me thread....everyone can add to it too and it won't ''derail'' any other threads :D...don't stop posting them please x

Reactions: 15 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 18 today. Went to urgent care as I have abscess at injection site. They gave me antibiotics but they didn't really say much about my sugar levels .
Hi Princess, I hope the antibiotics will quickly help you through. It seems they have dealt with the primary issue for which you went there, so it looks you will need to go as soon as possible for advice to your GP. They should corelate the details and offer advice.
All the best to you:)

Reactions: 12 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
My apologies to members who feel I have derailed the subject thread recently. I appreciate not everyone likes the cartoons & jokey pictures I sometimes add to my posts. No offence was meant at all and I have deleted or edited all of my posts.
BG fluctuating this morning. Can't think why. Currently heading upwards despite reasonable numbers after breakfast & mid-morning snacks. Guess I'll increase the fluids & hope that helps.

Alis0njane10 start your own thread please x

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
A much more respectable 5.0 two hours after a lovely roast chicken lunch. I'm stuffed! In fact, I'm so full I'm waddling. But it was deeeeelicious!
image.jpg

Reactions: 18 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Free the Geordie 1.

Reactions: 9 people

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hear you on the stab part ....ouch :( I am looking now to buy the FastClix lancet device....I will get one even if I have to buy a new tester to make it happen. They seem hard to come by on their own without a meter for some reason

Hi Gezzabelle, thought I seen them in Boots for about £4, lancets extra

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gezzabelle, thought I seen them in Boots for about £4, lancets extra
I checked Boots online and they had non...was gutted to see them at Asda after I had ordered from Ebay and asda had them £3 cheaper grrrr,....won't be using the meter much as the strip for it is ridiculously priced. I will have the lancet though and that's the main thing for my poor fingers. Couldn't find just the lancet on anywhere so at best I will have a spare meter and a pain free lancet :)

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All your monitors? How many do you have?
Three:)
First a purchased Accu-Chek Aviva as they didn't want to give me a monitor after being diagnosed, second a GlucoRx Nexus received from GP after I started to feel unwell, as they issue prescriptions for these strips and lancets, and an SD Codefree which I bought in case I need to buy my supplies with the current government plans, as they are 1/3, even 1/4 of the supply prices for the Accu-Chek, £6.99 against £29.99 for 50 strips;-)
I work odd, long shifts and keep a couple of bags for work, so I keep a monitor always handy.
I did extensive travel, and I got used to living out of a bag:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I checked Boots online and they had non...was gutted to see them at Asda after I had ordered from Ebay and asda had them £3 cheaper grrrr,....won't be using the meter much as the strip for it is ridiculously priced. I will have the lancet though and that's the main thing for my poor fingers. Couldn't find just the lancet on anywhere so at best I will have a spare meter and a pain free lancet :)
Asda online, or in shop?

Reactions: 4 people

princess69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Lol that did make me smile. I have been battling with my GPS and diabetic team for a very long time. Am trying for second opinion but not going too well. The locum doctor said to me today that I shouldn't be on insulin as it doesn't agree with me and that there are pills out there that take the glucose out of your body .????? Can't take metformin or gliclazide .

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Asda in store phamacy....£10 for Accu-Chek monitor the same as the one I have ordered...couldn't see strips or replacement needle cartridges but they probably have those too
Thanks Gezzabelle, have you seen the Fastclix device?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Asda in store phamacy....£10 for Accu-Chek monitor the same as the one I have ordered...couldn't see strips or replacement needle cartridges but they probably have those too

They sell the replacement needle drums at our Lloyds Pharmacy. The strip cassettes are very expensive. I get mine from eBay at a fraction of the price, but still more expensive than the Codefree.

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They sell the replacement needle drums at our Lloyds Pharmacy. The strip cassettes are very expensive. I get mine from eBay at a fraction of the price, but still more expensive than the Codefree.
Yes various places locally sell the needle drums but they work out cheaper on Ebay as do the strip cassettes....still very expensive which makes them a non starter for me. I will use the Codefree meter and the Fastclix lancet...anything for less painful fingers. I was fine until I opened a new pack of lancets for the Codefree and soon after starting to use them my fingers have become ridiculously painful to the point where I have had to limit how many times I am testing daily to allow them to recover a little. Finding a Fastclix lancet on its own proved a non starter so bought the complete kit to get one. The meter will be a back up for the future should the Codefree fail at any time

Reactions: 5 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes various places locally sell the needle drums but they work out cheaper on Ebay as do the strip cassettes....still very expensive which makes them a non starter for me. I will use the Codefree meter and the Fastclix lancet...anything for less painful fingers. I was fine until I opened a new pack of lancets for the Codefree and soon after starting to use them my fingers have become ridiculously painful to the point where I have had to limit how many times I am testing daily to allow them to recover a little. Finding a Fastclix lancet on its own proved a non starter so bought the complete kit to get one. The meter will be a back up for the future should the Codefree fail at any time
I was able to buy 200+ lancet drums for £10 from a local pharmacy in Brumm, hope they still sell them:-o

Status
Not open for further replies.