Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do they have an internet address or do mail order
I thought someone will ask:)
Tomorrow I work an early shift, so when I return, I'll pass by and ask all details for strips, lancet drums etc, and purchase options, and I'll post them here as soon as I can, OK?:-D

Reactions: 6 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought someone will ask:)
Tomorrow I work an early shift, so when I return, I'll pass by and ask all details for strips, lancet drums etc, and purchase options, and I'll post them here as soon as I can, OK?:-D
Thanks MosheBenYehuda. Hope works not too early:)

Reactions: 2 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All right, 2hrs later, my royal breakfast gave a 5.2 reading:)
Not bad;-)
And to top a bit, I experimented again;-), this time lunch with couscous, which according to label has around 30% carbs, but according to a Harvard list, the lowest G load. I had about 4 spoonfuls with chicken and onion stew. Result:
-before 5.0
-2hrs after 6.2
No apparent RH swing, felt good all along;-) so here's another "good" carb for me:-D

Reactions: 10 people

Merrylizard1314

Monday, 4.20am. 4.9mmol. Had a bit of a ' Lost Weekend' spent with some American friends, with many traditional foods. I was made to sit down a lot, while things were brought to me to eat, which was lovely, and to drink, which was even better.
And on Sunday, I was taken out in a wheelchair for a push around the lake, by my athletic guests. Now they have all gone off to the ski lodge for a few days, and I am now back on my feet, with a new insight into the conditions endured by wheelchair users. Now I can get about and have found the iPad.
I have to say that I have been laughing a great deal, at the cartoons and rather like the idea of being 'our man down under',( thanks @Baruney), while not having the necessary underpinnings.. And oh, dear @ Pasha, I loved the emphatic capitals!
I have been given some very strong painkillers which make me feel exhausted and rather maudlin. So I am staying in bed this morning and foregoing a hobble on the hill .
Be well, everyone.! Hope your poor fingers recover soon, @Gezzabelle.

Reactions: 22 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday, 4.20am. 4.9mmol. Had a bit of a ' Lost Weekend' spent with some American friends, with many traditional foods. I was made to sit down a lot, while things were brought to me to eat, which was lovely, and to drink, which was even better.
And on Sunday, I was taken out in a wheelchair for a push around the lake, by my athletic guests. Now they have all gone off to the ski lodge for a few days, and I am now back on my feet, with a new insight into the conditions endured by wheelchair users. Now I can get about and have found the iPad.
I have to say that I have been laughing a great deal, at the cartoons and rather like the idea of being 'our man down under',( thanks @Baruney), while not having the necessary underpinnings.. And oh, dear @ Pasha, I loved the emphatic capitals!
I have been given some very strong painkillers which make me feel exhausted and rather maudlin. So I am staying in bed this morning and foregoing a hobble on the hill .
Hope you get better soon, until then, have a merry wheelin' around:-D
Just mind your speed limits;-)

Reactions: 9 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry our man down under those underpinnings can get in way sometimes!

Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know the feeling re wheelchair users and the conditions we face. I only use mine when really tired or go a fair way eg local big shopping centre. People love talking to your carer and not you. On cruthes etc you part visible, in a wheelchair and you can be invisible. Sorry if I'm moaning.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning Clive,
Hope you are OK both with and without your wheels;-)
I just remembered that a few months ago, when I was regularly using the Calorie Count, at a time when I didn't know how carbs were slowly destroying me, and consequently ate bread, potatos, rice, pasta, honey etc, my counts never went over 2000 calories a day. Despite my size and weight, I was never a big eater, this is why I was so frustrated about my Kilograms.
So I'll attempt a few counts, just to make sure.
Take care, Sir:-D
Cheers moshe' it takes a while to settle in on a figure for the type of daily work we do ,but with a bit of careful tweaking you'll be good

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just got back from silverstone ,long day from 6.45am to 21.45pm...my am fasting was 3.6

Reactions: 27 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning which is great as I had a piece of birthday cake after dinner last night

Reactions: 26 people

Merrylizard1314

I know the feeling re wheelchair users and the conditions we face. I only use mine when really tired or go a fair way eg local big shopping centre. People love talking to your carer and not you. On cruthes etc you part visible, in a wheelchair and you can be invisible. Sorry if I'm moaning.

That is exactly what I noticed! People don't look at the person in a wheelchair!
I thought it might be because they were being polite, but it is certainly a weird feeling!
I was only in the wheelchair because I had to have my leg replastered, and wouldn't be able to keep up with fit people on a walk. And what a business, getting in and out of transport!
Dear loulou,, you were not moaning but making a valid point and I, for one, will never ignore wheelchair users again.

Reactions: 13 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Yes various places locally sell the needle drums but they work out cheaper on Ebay as do the strip cassettes....still very expensive which makes them a non starter for me. I will use the Codefree meter and the Fastclix lancet...anything for less painful fingers. I was fine until I opened a new pack of lancets for the Codefree and soon after starting to use them my fingers have become ridiculously painful to the point where I have had to limit how many times I am testing daily to allow them to recover a little. Finding a Fastclix lancet on its own proved a non starter so bought the complete kit to get one. The meter will be a back up for the future should the Codefree fail at any time

Hi @Gezzabelle,

For you & other interested members, farmaline.co.uk has the FastClix lancing device for sale on its own for £12.04. They also have the FastClix lancets at £9.02 for 200(+4) or £4.75 for 100(+2) in stock too. All of their health & beauty products are competitively priced and they stock all manner of Diabetic & health related items. There's lots of FastClix products too. It's worth a look.

I also get tender, bruised fingers so you have my sympathy. Hope they heal quickly. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Gezzabelle,

For you & other interested members, farmaline.co.uk has the FastClix lancing device for sale on its own for £12.04. They also have the FastClix lancets at £9.02 for 200(+4) or £4.75 for 100(+2) in stock too. All of their health & beauty products are competitively priced and they stock all manner of Diabetic & health related items. There's lots of FastClix products too. It's worth a look.

I also get tender, bruised fingers so you have my sympathy. Hope they heal quickly. X

View attachment 13915
Hi Alisonjane,
Have you personally ordered anything from them, are they reliable?
Some of their prices are truly excellent.
Moshe

Status
Not open for further replies.