Hi, such a newbie

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure I do keep my bg right. Was told not to test, but been feeling so rough recently bought a monitor today
Testing is the only way you will know what foods spike your levels. I test when I get up to find out my fasting blood level and then before a meal and 2 hours after eating it...then before bedtime. You can test foods to see how they affect your bg...if you can tolerate them fine...if not then you can either cut them down or cut them right out of your diet. Cutting carbs right down will help lower your bg a lot and also help you to lose weight if you need or want to. Have a look at the LFHC way of eating...it works for a lot of people on here

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum. Everything is confusing at first as there is done quite conflicting information out there. I was lucky enough to find the forum when I was diagnosed and truly think this has made a world of difference. Great guidance on the right food, hints and tips, and perhaps most importantly the support of other members. Self monitoring is great to find which foods you can eat freely, ones to restrict to moderation and those to try and avoid as it an be different for all of us. You will soon find what works best for you