New Baby News

Lolli24

It's so important to have support and in situations like this it means everything. I would also like you to thank you guys for the support and advice was invaluable to me and thanks to you my
baby girl is safe and well :)

It's lovely to read your story and so pleased we all got there in the end with our beautiful babies.

Enjoy every second I know I do xxxxxxx

Reactions: 4 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg
Hey. :)

Haven't posted in a little while. Just thought I'd post and see how all the mummy's are doing now they have there little baby's ?

Me and Lucas are doing fab , his such a good and happy baby . His now 11 weeks today and weighs 11 pounds 14 .
Can not believe how much happiness he has brought into our lives . Love everything about being a mummy and his daddy adores him to pieces . We really didn't enjoy taking him for his injections and his next lot are due very soon :( .
My diabetes has been going ok too with the odd high , I have to admit it is nice not to have to have the really tight control .
But I'm quiet please with how things are going with diabetes after birth .

Hope everyone's well and so are your little babies .
Here's an updated picture of Lucas would love to see update of your little ones too .

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 23 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
He's so cute, Cloe! Great pic!

Glad you're all doing well :) Samuel's first vaccinations are due soon. Not looking forward to it, although I know it's important.

He's doing well. The poor little thing has reflux though so is sometimes uncomfortable : ( Apart from that he's a bright, happy little boy :) He's smiling and starting to gurgle away more now.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Gorgeous picture!! Glad to know that you all are enjoying the joys of parenthood and children are well.

Reactions: 6 people

Lolli24

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1436080328.942935.jpg

Chloe he's so so gorgeous!! Here's my little princess who was 8 weeks old yesterday! She's amazing such a content and happy little girl and now weighs 8lbs 2oz!

My diabetes has been very good and I'm also enjoying having a little more freedom and so far have managed to loose 3 stone of my baby weight so another 3 to go!! Lol

Love being a mum and having such a hard pregnancy means nothing when I get to have her! She's so worth it all xx

Reactions: 18 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Azure. : so glad you and samuel are doing well , such a shame about his reflux , is annoying when you feel as if you can't help them to feel more comfortable . Yes that's exactly how we felt not wanting to take him but on the other hand wanting to as there best for them . Sounds adorable with all his little gurgles . Lovely to hear from you take care. x

Lolli : Thankyou :) , wow your little girl is adorable !! It's so nice to see an updated picture and see how big she is now . What a fab weight also . She looks very content in your picture you have put up .
You have done amazingly well to of lost that amount of weight already well done you , that's really nice to hear aswell .
I definitely know the feeling , they really are little miracles .
How did you recover from your c section ? Hope all went well , I felt it took ages for mine to sort it self out . x

Thank you everyone for you kind comments. :) x

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gorgeous babies. Pleased to hear everyone is doing well. Here's my not-so-little boy who is now 14 weeks.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1436115769.591059.jpg

Reactions: 13 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What a dear little girl, Lolli! And well done on losing all that weight! That's impressive.

I still have weight to lose but, to be honest, I'm so busy I'm hoping it will disappear by itself. My blood sugar has settled now, but when I first gave birth I could almost have done without insulin. I was eating huge meals and having little doses of insulin and still having hypos.

Last edited by a moderator:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow! I can't believe he's 14 weeks already, hels!

Does he have any teeth yet? I remember that teething could be a bit of a trial as the poor babies are in such discomfort.

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No teeth yet. He seems quite a chilled out little brother so far and very tolerant of his rather 'enthusiastic' big brother. We get lovely big beaming smiles from him. I can't believe how quickly time is going and how big he is already - he's my second and definitely last child so I want to keep him my little baby.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I had my first baby, an old lady told me to cherish every minute because the time would go so quickly. I didn't believe her then, but now I know it's true. Time flies by.

This is my last baby too. I think I'll even miss being pregnant and giving birth, even though I didn't have an easy delivery.

Glad your little boy is so chilled : )

Reactions: 2 people

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my beautiful baby boy on the 10th July at 12.50 pm! Born via emergency c-section!
His sugars were perfect and so is he. Has had to be taken to neonatal because of an suspected infection and needed a little oxygen.

That all came back fine but as we were leaving they noticed he had yellow skin .. Jaundice!
So we're currently still in hospital but he's very healthy apart from that!

Xxx

Reactions: 10 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I had my beautiful baby boy on the 10th July at 12.50 pm! Born via emergency c-section!
His sugars were perfect and so is he. Has had to be taken to neonatal because of an suspected infection and needed a little oxygen.

That all came back fine but as we were leaving they noticed he had yellow skin .. Jaundice!

Xxx
Congratulations so pleased for you , clive.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Xxx

Congratulations! Lovely news!

I hope the jaundice clears soon, and I hope you're doing ok after your emergency section.

XX

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese

Xxx
Congratulations, very happy news so pleased for you

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese

Xxx
What did he weigh and has he got a name yet?