Reactive Hypoglycaemia

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hehe yes, I thought others would have had a similar experience(its obvious really given where we are). People are ignorant of things they dont recognise / understand and that too often results in poor treatment of people. @MosheBenYehud lets never eat again! ( jk ;) )
Yeehaah;-)

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ive been brilliant these last few weeks and have been working well in the sunshine and heat, I do love this weather!
After lunch today though around half two, just started feeling rough, still am, I've drank water, ate twice and rested enough since then.
My bloods have been fine, they just don't go above 6mmols, my actual readings this afternoon were, 5.1, 5.3, 5.1, 5.1 and just now one hour after tea 5.7.
I've tested the wife to see if my monitor is playing tricks on me, it ain't!
I think it probably is I'm tired or the heavy atmosphere has got to me.
I have a nagging headache, but other than feeling draining and a bit dizzy, I'm not that bad.
Just so unusual, to feel rough, I have been sleeping well..
I just don't know! Maybe just too much heat!
Hey ho! Early bed tonight!
See how I am in the morning!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have some extra salt, @nosher8355

Might help.

And no matter how much water you have drunk, with the heat and sun we've had these last couple of days, you can always drink more!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have been thinking about our little exclusive club.

So far the following members who have been diagnosed or could be with one of the various forms of RH.

@nosher8355
@Brunneria
@Jey
@hozzy126
@ladygti
@Babsuk
@Nicola_F
@Balf2015
@Icorroth
@MrBigglesworth
@crazycatlady42
@MosheBenYehuda
@hazels
& @Spiker sister

I think our little elite group is growing like I predicted.

I do believe that we should have our own forum, we have tried before but because there was only myself and brunneria, we didn't have much joy except for the sticky on the Ask a question forum.
Should we all have a go at @admin, to see if this could be done?

Do let us know how you are all doing!

Nosher.

hozzy126

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Nosher I think that would be a very good idea.. Anyone I have ever talked to about RH have never heard of it. The focus is always on diabetes.. So I'm with you

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have some extra salt, @nosher8355

Might help.

And no matter how much water you have drunk, with the heat and sun we've had these last couple of days, you can always drink more!

Thanks @Brunneria, have done, three bottles, two teas, and a diet coke!!
Had salt with both meals, had salty bacon for tea, think I'm just knackered!!
One day to go long weekend.
I just looked at the side effects from the statins but I don't think so, we'll see, if it continues tomorrow, I will stop the statins and fast, to see how I do!
I'll probably be ok in the morning!
Just haven't felt like this since the hypo I had on my OGTT.
Thanks for suggesting that, best wishes,
Nosher

Reactions: 2 people

crazycatlady42

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other

So far the following members who have been diagnosed or could be with one of the various forms of RH.

@nosher8355
@Brunneria
@Jey
@hozzy126
@ladygti
@Babsuk
@Nicola_F
@Balf2015
@Icorroth
@MrBigglesworth
@crazycatlady42
@MosheBenYehuda
@hazels
& @Spiker sister

I do believe that we should have our own forum, we have tried before but because there was only myself and brunneria, we didn't have much joy except for the sticky on the Ask a question forum.

Nosher.
There's certainly a group of us now. Nice to know we're not alone.
Either that or a way of making this easier to find. It was only when it was pointed out to me that I knew to look for this thread as it wasn't visible from either Google or directly on here once I started looking.

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks @crazycatlady42 , I agree it is difficult to find us!
Yes our group is growing, and I believe many more out there looking for support that can't find us!

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@nosher8355
@Brunneria
@Jey
@hozzy126
@ladygti
@Babsuk
@Nicola_F
@Balf2015
@Icorroth
@MrBigglesworth
@crazycatlady42
@MosheBenYehuda
@hazels
& @Spiker sister

Nosher.
Hi Nosher,
This is a GREAT idea, since we can be of support and help to each other, which is vital, as most of us have grown tired of trying to raise "another" issue of our anyway complex condition where specific professional advice should be given without even asking for it, when simple and obvious matters like helping us better self-manage our condition, is oftentimes belittled.
If I wouldn't have been helped by the honesty, openness and care of the people on this forum, I couldn't have tell of how my BG is stable, I've lost over a stone, and I am more confident for the future.
I'm on, by all means:)

Reactions: 8 people

hozzy126

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi it's going ok thank you.. You know just keep to the diet as always and keep well and I'm trying very hard to keep stress out of my life especially at work and when I'm driving ...as I've only just learnt that stress has a massive effect on sugar levels.. .. So I'm learning to count to 10 or sometimes 100 .. I do keep reading all the posts on this forum and still learning lots so keep up the good work and hope you are keeping well

Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's really good @hozzy126 stress is connected to all the other hormonal problems that we have to put up with. I recently learned about adrenalin. And that has the same effect. We try to keep learning, and every time we think we have a handle on it, something comes along and kicks you where it hurts.
Keep up the good work, nice to hear from you!
Nosher

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stress plays a huge part, for me. Driving the BG up, then crashing into a low when the adrenalin and other stress hormones run out...

A RH board on the forum would be great. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Stress plays a huge part, for me. Driving the BG up, then crashing into a low when the adrenalin and other stress hormones run out...

A RH board on the forum would be great. :)
Thanks @Brunneria.
I think watching my rubbish football team, has helped with my blood glucose levels:p:(;)

Jey

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep it is a great idea :happy:. Hopefully it will soon happen. I'm still not sure do I have actually RH but I know my bs do play a roll in it! And I learned a lot from u guys. Enjoy the nice weather, Ireland isn't that lucky ;)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yep it is a great idea :happy:. Hopefully it will soon happen. I'm still not sure do I have actually RH but I know my bs do play a roll in it! And I learned a lot from u guys. Enjoy the nice weather, Ireland isn't that lucky ;)
Thanks @Jey

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

@nosher8355
@Brunneria
@Jey
@hozzy126
@ladygti
@Babsuk
@Nicola_F
@Balf2015
@Icorroth
@MrBigglesworth
@crazycatlady42
@MosheBenYehuda
@hazels
& @Spiker sister

Nosher.

@Giverny can you tell us if it at all possible in the near future?
If not, as you are the genius around here (nice creep there I thought!) Could you either think of something better or suggest something for the home page.
Many thanks on behalf of us RH ers!
Nosher

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks @Brunneria, have done, three bottles, two teas, and a diet coke!!
Had salt with both meals, had salty bacon for tea, think I'm just knackered!!
One day to go long weekend.
I just looked at the side effects from the statins but I don't think so, we'll see, if it continues tomorrow, I will stop the statins and fast, to see how I do!
I'll probably be ok in the morning!
Just haven't felt like this since the hypo I had on my OGTT.
Thanks for suggesting that, best wishes,
Nosher

Have stopped the statins with doctors agreement.
Since stopping a couple of days ago, I feel better already!
Just to say that my blood tests, were showing normal levels for everything they tested. Liver function, kidney function, fatty liver, hba1c.
It's really does make me happy and more determined to carry on with my lifestyle!

Woohoo! :):rolleyes: